smugmug either slow or not responding when going through my own URL

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited January 8, 2008 in SmugMug Support
EDIT: Never mind, there's a banner up (again - more of the same problem, or new bugs?)

Seems I'm having problems uploading. Either it takes forever even tho small images, or it is continueing to process.

Also, I just uploaded 2 files, and it only says 1 recieved.

Trying to delete some of the processing images, and I go through the steps, and it goes to delete the image, but the thumb remains after the gallery is reloaded.

The one photo that DID u/l, I edited the caption - but it didnt save..

We in read only mode?
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• sjafarisjafari Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    smugmug either slow or not responding when going through my own URL
    I was having similar problems a few days ago, and i thought it had been resolved.. if i go to the address www.fotojafari.net , i have about a 50/50 chance of actually getting to the site, otherwise it just takes me to the main smugmug page. In either case, whether it goes to my site or to smugmugs, it is really slow. I have noticed that going directly to fotojafari.smugmug.com always works, and seems to be a tad faster.
    Is there something else i need to do with my domain to get it working better, or is there something else going on? I have tried on a few different computers, using different connections to the internet, all having similar results.

btw.. my last post was responded to so quickly that i showed my roommate the speed of the postings.. he was so impressed by the support here that he will be getting his own smugmug account soon.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    I've had some similar trouble lately...yesterday and today my banner link has taken me to another elaine's page, but it's only lasted a minute or two, and the red box pops up that says they're experiencing temporary difficulties. It seems to get ironed out quickly, but I am concerned that if someone was looking at my site and clicked my banner that they might be directed away from my page. Hopefully not, and hopefully not a big deal.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Our Engineers are working on this, and hopefully they'll nail this issue fast.

Sorry for the hassle folks :(
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Our Engineers are working on this, and hopefully they'll nail this issue fast.

Sorry for the hassle folks :(

Not that I'm complaining Andy (and stop rolling your eyes!) but any idea what the issue(s) are/have been? Just curious.

Derek
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."