Deleting categories?

MarloweMarlowe Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
edited January 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Help! I can't figure out how to erase a category I selected when prompted (Sports) on startup on Smugmug. Now it shows in my categories as being empty and I just want it gone, now that I have my own categories listed. I've gone here: CXphotos > control panel > categories and it doesn't even show on the menu under "Delete a category". Very confused here.....
Marlowe
:dunno

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Hi, sorry you got confused :) I'll help.

http://cxphotos.smugmug.com/Sports go there and delete those two galleries, then the empty category won't show on your homepage.
  • MarloweMarlowe Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Thanks Andy, I've done that but the Category still shows even after logging off. When I try do delete the subcategories they don't show, but I can still add photos to them through the "Sports" Category shich I can't delete. I'm pretty sure I did everything right, but, I am the guy who crashes his hard drive every time I update my computer. ;)
    edited January 11, 2008
    Marlowe wrote:
    Thanks Andy, I've done that but the Category still shows even after logging off. When I try do delete the subcategories they don't show, but I can still add photos to them through the "Sports" Category shich I can't delete. I'm pretty sure I did everything right, but, I am the guy who crashes his hard drive every time I update my computer. ;)
    Hi, I deleted them for you thumb.gif
  • MarloweMarlowe Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Thanks Andy, I just noticed! clap.gif Why wouldn't it work through my Control Panel?
    edited January 11, 2008
    Marlowe wrote:
    Thanks Andy, I just noticed! clap.gif Why wouldn't it work through my Control Panel?
    Hi, you don't delete galleries from Control Panel, you'd have had to go to the link I posted above, and open the galleries and then delete them. Make sense?