Late night trip to the fridge- self portrait- mhm mustard!

JimmyHickeyJimmyHickey Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited January 10, 2008 in People
On my way down to pick up some midnight snack action, I thought of this shot. I'd say the most difficult thing about it was being quiet enough not to wake everyone in the house up while I set up and did the shoot. Anyways, I'm not really sure about these but what the hey?
241405931-L.jpg
241405973-L.jpg
241406014-L.jpg
set up-
241406256-M.jpg
Ughh I spent way too much time on this shot to get results like that, I had something grand in mind but oh well, I kept myself occupied for a while:D Having the camera on a timer is annoying. btw I always dress like that;)
Strobist: Lancerlight 3200 in fridge on full power model light, no flash, reflector behind me.:D

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    Haha ... love this little photo shoot :D ... perfect light! Nice shots + I loved seeing your setup .... not sure about the mustard, I'm more a ketchup-kinda-girl, although what you're doing to the mustard is kind of food-hardcore-ness rolleyes1.gif... thumb.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    Awesome results, very creative. Love the first pic. (the others gross me out! rolleyes1.gif) But seriously, that first one has a very stock photo feel to it. Awesome!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    Love the first one! Great work!
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    I love the idea. Kinda grossed out by the plain mustard, but I still love the idea.thumb.gif
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    uuuugh! 1st shot is great. The rest of the photos are a great story and are an attention getter for sure. How long did you taste mustard after the shoot? Thanks for sharing the lighting setup. Always fun to see the photo and the behind the scenes.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    Dedication to the cause! clap.gif
    Growing with Dgrin

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Great series! I had to come back and look at it 3 times.....it made me laugh so hard! Great expression in the first shot...really, all of them work! thumb.gif
  • ccaseyccasey Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Whoa - that's suffering for your art.

You might be interested in one of these... I just got one for my 40D and it works great. No more 2- or 10-second runs to position myself.

-Chris
  • JimmyHickeyJimmyHickey Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Ha thanks everyone, it means a lot to me:) I'd say the taste of the mustard wasn't really that bad...the first time. I had to do the shot roughly 5 or 6 times until I got it the way I wantedrolleyes1.gif

Chris- thanks for linking me to that, I will definitely be looking into one of those. Thanks:)
    edit:
    Leoforte- where in the NW are you located?
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    OMG! I'm dying! That's hilarious and wonderful! Having done more self portraits than I care to admit, I'm floored at the prep you did... Awesome, awesome job!!
  • CapturedByGraceCapturedByGrace Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Laughing.gif! Great series! Love your expression in the 1st one. That's definitely a "raiding-the-fridge-in-the-middle-of-the-night" shot. Nice lighting, and thanks for sharing the setup. Hope you got some sleep.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    B'ham, JH, near the Canadian border. Thanks for asking. I travel the NW endlessly. It's small, but real. The Northwest, that is. You are Longview? Did you watch them blow the Trojan Nuke plant across the river, a couple years ago? I did a few P&S shots with friends in a band as it tumbled, from the Oregon side, and they (the band mates) loved them .
    Growing with Dgrin

• JimmyHickeyJimmyHickey Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Thanks again everyone

Lea- Yep, I'm a native Longviewian, and like everyone else in Longview got up early to watch the Nuclear powerplant come down. (we went up on one of the hills) Too bad Longview Fibre had their smoke stacks going blocking the view:cry it was really anti climatic:cry
    But we could hear the rumble of it which was amazing.
    Those pics sound really cool actually, if you still have them could you PM me them?
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 10, 2008
    it would have been ok if it was mayonnaise, but what the hey hay heigh whatever-

funny stuff-

and very neat photos-