smugmug just went crazy!

com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited January 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
http://www.seppes.com/ <i've been using the stock "gradient grey" theme forever. i haven't touched any CSS or anything for months... i hopped onto my site just now and it went berzerk.

what's weird though, is that http://4theriders.smugmug.com seems to display normally..

the only "custom" stuff i have is header+footer+a tiny JS to put my referrall code into the "powered by smugmug" link on the footer.

something blow up on smugmug's side?

Comments

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 9, 2008
    com3 wrote:
    http://www.seppes.com/ <i've been="" using="" the="" stock="" gradient="" grey="" theme="" forever.="" haven="" t="" touched="" any="" css="" or="" anything="" for="" months...="" i="" hopped="" onto="" my="" site="" just="" now="" and="" it="" went="" berzerk.="">

what's weird though, is that http://4theriders.smugmug.com seems to display normally..

the only "custom" stuff i have is header+footer+a tiny JS to put my referrall code into the "powered by smugmug" link on the footer.

something blow up on smugmug's side?

?

Both display fine for me.
    </i've>
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    found the issue... whatever you guys changed, it's now FORCING me to "go stretchy." i had stretchiness set to "no" before. i just changed it to "yes," and page went back to normal...

ne_nau.gif
    edited January 9, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    ?

Both display fine for me.
    </i've>

i just took it offa stretchy...check now
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    both work fine thumb.gif
    edited January 9, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    both work fine thumb.gif

odd...cause this is what it's doing to me:
    edited January 9, 2008
    definately not client side...
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    try clearing your cache?
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 9, 2008
    com3 wrote:
    found the issue... whatever you guys changed, it's now FORCING me to "go stretchy." i had stretchiness set to "no" before. i just changed it to "yes," and page went back to normal...

ne_nau.gif

Stretchy has nothing to do with your homepage. Can you try clearing your cache and reloading the page? Also, what browser are you using? Can you check it in a different browser?
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited January 9, 2008
    and when i change customization to "stretchy = yes" then this is what it looks like for me:
    edited January 9, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    Stretchy has nothing to do with your homepage. Can you try clearing your cache and reloading the page? Also, what browser are you using? Can you check it in a different browser?

FF 2.0.0.11 normally

opera did the same. CTRL+F5 and then it worked normally in both browsers. odd that i'd even get the incomplete page like that.

all seems well in neverland again...thanks. feel free to punt this thread if you want.
  • dberthiadberthia Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    There's definitely something wrong. My Home page displays properly, but when I click one of my galleries I get a mostly plank page in Firefox 2.0. Displays fine in IE7.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    dberthia wrote:
    There's definitely something wrong. My Home page displays properly, but when I click one of my galleries I get a mostly plank page in Firefox 2.0. Displays fine in IE7.

I tried four different galleries on your site in FF 2.0 and they all work fine for me. I'd suggest clearing your FF cache and trying again.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    problem here too... again, off and on
    A few minutes ago I tired to open home page, got "the connection reset" "check the address" messages.

No other sites had problems, just SMug. I did my work at another site, then came back to SMug... then SMug opened, slowly, and slideshow was very slow to come up.

I did not try opening ShebaJo.SmugMug.com but my bet is that it would have worked. In the past few days, there have been numerous occasions that ShebaJoPhoto.com gets error messages, won't open or acts really weird, but ShebaJo.smugmug is fine. Others with custom host names are saying, and have reported the same thing.

I don't know if it is the same issue, but it is producing pretty much the same results.

btw... cleaning cache is not the issue. Again, every time I have seen a problem with SMug in the past few days, when I use my SMug address, not my custom host name... the SMug address is fine... not the custom host name. BUT, most of the time, all is GOOD :)

THANKS
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    ShebaJo wrote:
    A few minutes ago I tired to open home page, got "the connection reset" "check the address" messages.

No other sites had problems, just SMug. I did my work at another site, then came back to SMug... then SMug opened, slowly, and slideshow was very slow to come up.

I did not try opening ShebaJo.SmugMug.com but my bet is that it would have worked. In the past few days, there have been numerous occasions that ShebaJoPhoto.com gets error messages, won't open or acts really weird, but ShebaJo.smugmug is fine. Others with custom host names are saying, and have reported the same thing.

I don't know if it is the same issue, but it is producing pretty much the same results.

btw... cleaning cache is not the issue. Again, every time I have seen a problem with SMug in the past few days, when I use my SMug address, not my custom host name... the SMug address is fine... not the custom host name. BUT, most of the time, all is GOOD :)

THANKS
    Yeah we had a short problem, but it's been fixed - sorry for the hassle!
    edited January 11, 2008
    ShebaJo wrote:

advrider did that to me last night. :D

ShebaJo wrote:

that's what it was doing to me too. all is well now, and has been well since about 10 mins after noticing the problem.

one thing i've noticed about smugmug, is that should something go awry, an entire gaggle of people, all at once, the second something happens, are on it and fixing it. thumb.gif

another thing i've noticed is that it's pretty often that something goes awry. mwink.gif