Options

flashes for finepix s7000

ram0135ram0135 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited March 24, 2004 in Cameras
I have a finepix s7000 and I wanted to know if the nikon sb50dx speedlight flash (hotshoe) would work with this camera... If not what hot shoe flashes can I use???

Please help!

Ram0135

Comments

• Options
    amghioamghio Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 21, 2004
    ram0135 wrote:
    I have a finepix s7000 and I wanted to know if the nikon sb50dx speedlight flash (hotshoe) would work with this camera... If not what hot shoe flashes can I use???

Please help!

Ram0135
    I don't have an answer to your question, but this might help. I own an S7000 also. When I need to coax a little more flash power, I bump up the compensation on the flash. This usually solves my problem.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2004
    Hi ram wave.gif

Here's what dpreview says about the external flashes you can use with your camera.
    The flash hotshoe allows you to use external flash units or studio systems. The manual says "Flash units that can be used with this camera must meet the following three conditions: (1) The aperture can be set, (2) External flash synchronization can be used, (3) The ISO sensitivity can be set. The S7000 has an external flash white balance feature, go into the white balance menu, select manual white balance, aim the camera at a white sheet of paper and press the custom white balance button, the flash will fire and the camera will measure the white balance.

I don't know enough about flashes to directly answer your question. A camera store might be able to help you. Reading the specifications for the Nikon flash, which are found here, might help someone with more technical knowledge.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2004
    ram, read through this thread at dpreview, it should answer a lot of your questions.

Good luck. And don't forget to post some pics!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited March 24, 2004
    ram0135 wrote:

Please help!

Ram0135
    I see on a subsequent post of yours that you have already puchased a Nikon flash that seems to work satisfactory. Other posters have had similar questions about what shoe mounted flashes will sork with their digicam - this is one link I have found that says it will work with most digicams with a hot shoe http://www.vivitar.com/Products/Flashes/flash.html#DF200

I do not know if it will work with the AF illuminator function tho.....
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    ram0135ram0135 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 24, 2004
    Thanks To All
    Hello all,
    Indeed i did buy the nikon sb50dx flash and it works great. The AF however does not work... Which is a downside but hey, great flash!

Thanks To All
    Ramon