Too Much Information

shamanshaman Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
edited March 16, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are my attempts at my first challange, are these minimalist? Or do you feel they contain/convey too much information?:dunno
17584794-L.gif

16058517-L.gif
PEACE ~ WISDOM

Comments

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    I would try cropping th church to just the windows and horizontal boards...But then I'm having a difficult time with this challenge, but I think if you cropped it to that perhaps it would be more minimal??ne_nau.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    The second one is my kind of photo. clap.gif I would increase the saturation of the blue and maybe fool with the contrast to give the whole photo some pop, but I like the composition. Having said that, I think some folks might consider that there is too much going on for the photo to qualify as minimalism. I'm afraid I can't give you any guidance on that because I am hopelessly confused at this point about what a minimalist photograph entails! headscratch.gif

Virginia

Email
  • Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    They're both great photographs! If I had to choose I'd choose the second one to enter into the contest because the first conjures up images of religion, whereas the second one I find myself just admiring the composition. It reminds me of M.C. Eschers staircase. Best of luck.

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • shamanshaman Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    Thanks for the help, everyone!
    I tried rahmonster's suggestion with using just the windows... I couldn't get it to look right... maybe I'm not a minimalist at heart.
    Minimalisim, at least they way I see it, doesn't do a lot for me. (wait, maybe that's what it's SUPPOSED to do!)
    Lucky Hack, you are right about the similarity of Escher's staircase... I find my eyes following the roof lines around and around and around and around...
    Lucky Hack wrote:
    They're both great photographs! If I had to choose I'd choose the second one to enter into the contest because the first conjures up images of religion, whereas the second one I find myself just admiring the composition. It reminds me of M.C. Eschers staircase. Best of luck.

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    PEACE ~ WISDOM

• shamanshaman Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    Well rah...
    I decided to go back and try again, this time not just the windows, but leaving in the roof line... I get a better feeling about it now... thanks for your input.
    17615081-M.jpg
    rahmonster wrote:
    I would try cropping th church to just the windows and horizontal boards...But then I'm having a difficult time with this challenge, but I think if you cropped it to that perhaps it would be more minimal??ne_nau.gif
    PEACE ~ WISDOM