Shooting Miss Daisy

bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
edited January 10, 2008 in Holy Macro
A Gerber Daisy that is..............................

p696980644.jpg

Thanks for having a look.
Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Lovely colour - think I'd prefer the focus on the near petals rather than the far ones though (mind you I'm pretty useless photographing flowers) :)
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    bauerman wrote:
    A Gerber Daisy that is..............................

Thanks for having a look.

A very pretty flower, the Gerbera and the Rose were the only two flowers I could remember when I was really little,
    because my mother grew roses, and our street name was Gerbera :D

Lovely shot bauerman thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Lovely colour - think I'd prefer the focus on the near petals rather than the far ones though (mind you I'm pretty useless photographing flowers) :)
    Brian V.

Thanks for the note Brian - seeing your work here in the forum I can learn a lot from you, that is for sure.

I was actually going for the focus point on the center portion of the flower to try and show the amazing complexity of something seemingly so simple in nature. Thanks again for looking.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
    edited January 10, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    A very pretty flower, the Gerbera and the Rose were the only two flowers I could remember when I was really little,
    because my mother grew roses, and our street name was Gerbera :D

Lovely shot bauerman thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Thanks much Skippy for taking the time to have a look. Gerber daisies are one of my favorite flowers from growing up as well and they seem to be some of the few blooming flowers that grow well in the hot summers here in Wester Idaho.

At least that is what my wife tells me!
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    I like it
    I love selective focused images - even if it wasn't intended to focus there. It's artistic and part of a style that I often use in my work - on purpose. I think it's one of the tricks we as photographers should master.

BTW - I usually lurk in people, the title of your post brought me here. My Cairn Terrier (in my avatar) is named Daisy and I frequently tell her when she is a bad dog that I am going to shoot her - with camera of course.

bauerman wrote:
    Thanks much Skippy for taking the time to have a look. Gerber daisies are one of my favorite flowers from growing up as well and they seem to be some of the few blooming flowers that grow well in the hot summers here in Wester Idaho.

At least that is what my wife tells me!
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
    edited January 10, 2008
    ChatKat wrote:
    I love selective focused images - even if it wasn't intended to focus there. It's artistic and part of a style that I often use in my work - on purpose. I think it's one of the tricks we as photographers should master.

BTW - I usually lurk in people, the title of your post brought me here. My Cairn Terrier (in my avatar) is named Daisy and I frequently tell her when she is a bad dog that I am going to shoot her - with camera of course.

Thanks for taking a look as well Kathy, I appreciate it. I'm a fan of shallow depth of focus images as well as it allows you point the viewer to what you want them to look at in your frame, or what you think is important in the frame.

I have a Yorkshire Terrier (not names Daisy!) that I threaten to shoot every now and then as well! My dog barks at my lenses - hard to get a good shot of him!
  • sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Nice photo! It looks a tad bit overexposed - just wondering if you used a flash?
    edited January 10, 2008
    sunita wrote:
    Nice photo! It looks a tad bit overexposed - just wondering if you used a flash?

Nope - no flash was used on the shot. It was shot in very bright daylight - so some background components may be a bit overexposed - but I don't think any parts of the flower are.....at least to my eye.

Thanks much for having a look.