Controversy: Last Challenge Entry

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited January 18, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
quite possibly for awhile.

Flower Power

241727537-L.jpg

I entered this one as of earlier

241727269-L.jpg

This is a subject that is close to my heart. I have followed the plight of these cute little guys here in South Florida for the past three years, they were one of my first captures with my new 20D.

A new park is being built and the city is in an uproar because these little guys chose to call there new park home. They are worried that the new Criquet field will be in question. News Story Here

Thanks for any input

Joe

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    last?eek7.gif

btw, i like the little girl shot, the owl looks just like the other owls...:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    .02 cents isn't worth very much any more but here is mine. The little girl is adorable, but not as engaging as I think you will need to be. The owl is "in your face" which personally grabs me a little more. Where you have so much vested in the following of the owls, it may be a nice tribute to enter an owl shot. Of course, the last time I entered for tribute's sake, it didn't find a place in the top ten. Therefore..........I guess you better make your own decision. Good luck!

BTW...Last entry?
  • MarkToddMarkTodd Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    BTW...Last entry?

I *think* he's refering to the fact that #20 is the final open challenge of LPS Version 1. Of course, I'm often wrong. ne_nau.gif
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2008
    Slam Dunk is my favorite for all the great facial expressions. A close up of the hands in No Foul would be great too, but maybe too much cropping for decent quality. Nice series though.

Best of luck to you!
    Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2008
    Slam Dunk is my favorite for all the great facial expressions. A close up of the hands in No Foul would be great too, but maybe too much cropping for decent quality. Nice series though.

Best of luck to you!
    Emily

I agree - if you got a good closeup in the last series, it would rock!!
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2008
    OK So here we are, the finals

The Owl

or

Good News

244603238-L.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts

Joe