Options

Adobe Photoshop Elements for Mac in Q2

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited January 11, 2008 in Finishing School
I know that someone around here was asking about this a little while ago, so here's a linky to a Macworld article. And here's Adobe's official product page.

To sum up: PSE6 for Mac sometime before June 30th 2008. A quick glance suggests it will have feature parity with the Windows version, but I could be wrong.

Comments

• Options
    javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    I'm pretty excited about this. I'm ready to move on past iPhoto but I can't get myself to spend hundreds on Aperture or Lightroom. Perhaps this will be the answer?
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    I'm pretty excited about this. I'm ready to move on past iPhoto but I can't get myself to spend hundreds on Aperture or Lightroom. Perhaps this will be the answer?

Lightroom is worth every penny. Download the free 30 day trial, see what you think.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008

Honestly, I don't think iPhoto, PSE, Aperature or Lightroom are comparable products, they each have different strengths and weaknesses.

PSE does contain some browsing/organizing functions, but I believe it is still being targeted primarily as an image editor. The good news is that I believe it will contain ACR 4.x, the same as Lightroom uses, and one of the big-gun raw converters. So if you shoot Raw, and/or aren't interested in LR/A's cataloguing solutions, PSE might be right for you.

I'm sure Adobe will have a 30 day trial once the product becomes available so you can try for yourself.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    Honestly, I don't think iPhoto, PSE, Aperature or Lightroom are comparable products, they each have different strengths and weaknesses.

PSE does contain some browsing/organizing functions, but I believe it is still being targeted primarily as an image editor. The good news is that I believe it will contain ACR 4.x, the same as Lightroom uses, and one of the big-gun raw converters. So if you shoot Raw, and/or aren't interested in LR/A's cataloguing solutions, PSE might be right for you.

I'm sure Adobe will have a 30 day trial once the product becomes available so you can try for yourself.

I guess I'm looking for something that can manage the library and let me do decent PP in one step. Maybe there isn't anything under $100 that can do that on Mac?
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    cmason wrote:
    Lightroom is worth every penny. Download the free 30 day trial, see what you think.

I agree 1000%. My PS time is WAAAY down as I can get almost everything I need done using LR

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    I guess I'm looking for something that can manage the library and let me do decent PP in one step. Maybe there isn't anything under $100 that can do that on Mac?

I think the thing to do is try it and some of the other solutions out there. Just about everything these days has some sort of try-before-you-buy option.
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2008
    That's what I'm doing right now. Another problem I have is that I have to reconcile my needs and those of my wife, who cares very little about all this. She just wants to look at photos quickly.

I'll be looking at PSE on the Mac when it comes out, that's for sure!