Options

How do I hold 2 cameras? I can't seem to figure it out... (comfortably)

keith204keith204 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited January 11, 2008 in Technique
Cam 1: 40D/grip/70-200 2.8
Cam 2: XT/grip/17-85/Flash

I can't seem to find a comfortable way to strap these around me at the same time. Any ideas? I'll be shooting sports and will be moving around quite a bit.
Keith Kelly - Bolivar, MO

Canon 40D, Canon 20D
Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 HSM
Lensbaby 2.0

http://www.w3Bolivar.com

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    There are two ideas that I have tried and both work pretty well...
    1. The Lowepro S&F Shoulder Harness (link) can be worn. There are a couple of D-rings on each shoulder strap. Using short lanyards of some sort, you can attach your camera to these D-rings using a carabeiner. This has a couple of advantages: (1) the weight of your camera is born by wide straps on your shoulders and not by your neck; (2) your cameras are ready to hand for when you need them. If you also put a lens or two mounted to the rear of the harness, they will help to balance the weight.
    2. You can use long straps and wear them "bandolier style". The down-side of this is that the straps tend to migrate toward your neck.
  • Options
    Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Nikolai shoots with two bodies and showed an easy way he strapped himself in that is very comfortable. I can't find the thread with the picture but if you PM him, perhaps he can shed some light on his rigging.

- Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Nikolai also looks like a mercenary about to go into battle w/ his rig! I'm not nervous around other photogs at all, but if I saw Nik. I'd definitely back down and give him my spot! (It helps he's a pretty cool dude as well)

-Jon
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Nikolai also looks like a mercenary about to go into battle w/ his rig! I'm not nervous around other photogs at all, but if I saw Nik. I'd definitely back down and give him my spot! (It helps he's a pretty cool dude as well)

-Jon
    Here's a picture of Nik from the Glacier Shootout
    204177543-M.jpg

It'll give you some idea of how he loads himself up with two cameras.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,911 moderator
    edited January 11, 2008
    Mr. 2H2O wrote:
    Nikolai shoots with two bodies and showed an easy way he strapped himself in that is very comfortable. I can't find the thread with the picture but if you PM him, perhaps he can shed some light on his rigging.

- Mike

I suspect this is the thread:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=67911
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums