Perpetually Perfecting Portraits

pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited January 11, 2008 in People
This is my first post in this forum. I've been serious about my photography for just over a year and am trying to focus on certain areas of photography which I enjoy.
I have been trying to improve my ability to capture people on the street or at gatherings. All of these were taken at a Christmas Party held here in the Philippines.

Can you have a look and the images below and let me know things I can improve on and any ideas to get more creative when capturing these kinds of semi-candid portraits.

Cheers/Peter

#1 - trying to catch a cheeky feeling about the boy
236586845-M-1.jpg

#2 - aim was to capture the innocence in his eyes
236586751-M-1.jpg

#3 - just a fun shot trying to show the shyness of this girl
236654958-M.jpg

#4 - These weren't prison bars, but wanted to get the feeling of being held captive across
236648687-M.jpg

#5 - Tried a different angle to try and make more of a fun shot
236579145-M-1.jpg

#6 - again another "extreme" angle to get a fun shot with a difference
236280123-M-1.jpg
"Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
My images | My blog | My free course

Comments

• bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Peter I think that all of these are very well done in my honest opinion. Wonderful light in each of them and nicely exposed. Number three would have to be my favorite - her expression there is wonderful.

Thanks for sharing these.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    I like your fourth shot. Clear, rich colors, and beautiful eyes on your model, also clear and rich in color. You definitely show a style in this series.
    Growing with Dgrin

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    #3 is adorable. Thanks for sharing these.