Old Yates Mill

cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited January 10, 2008 in Landscapes
A few days after Christmas, I went to an old mill nearby to try out my new polarizer filter and ND4 filter....I had a great time, and it was a blast getting the 'motion' from the waterfall.

The angles weren't right for polarizer to work on the sky, but the water? Oh my!

236921837-L.jpg

This one shows what I was really after: the waterfall...

236921898-L.jpg

more in gallery, thanks for looking!

Comments

• VicksterVickster Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    The reflection is so perfect! Talk about glassy water! What a gorgeous day you had for shooting!
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Vickster wrote:
    The reflection is so perfect! Talk about glassy water! What a gorgeous day you had for shooting!

Thanks Vickster...some day I will dive into Photoshop and remove the powerlines and guardrails on the right.
  • raebrownraebrown Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    I love the first picture! Just wondering if you photoshoped out the wreath which shows in the second?
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

Tickled Pixels Blog: "
    A walk in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm"
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    raebrown wrote:
    I love the first picture! Just wondering if you photoshoped out the wreath which shows in the second?

Thanks Rae...no I did not photoshop the wreath out...it was removed later in the day..I didn't notice it myself until I was processing these photos. In fact the photo I posted here was later in the day, once the wreath was removed. Too bad, because I don't have a landscape shot with the wreath on it that I really like :cry
  • dbddbd Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    cmason wrote:
    A few days after Christmas, I went to an old mill nearby to try out my new polarizer filter and ND4 filter....I had a great time, and it was a blast getting the 'motion' from the waterfall.

The angles weren't right for polarizer to work on the sky, but the water? Oh my!

The second picture looks like it could be a case for Galen Rowell's GND pratice.

Great pictures.

Dale B. Dalrymple
    http://dbdimages.com
    "Give me a lens long enough and a place to stand and I can image the earth."
    ...with apology to Archimedies