Options

My First Wedding

DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
edited January 11, 2008 in Weddings
I shot my first wedding on 12/22. Here are a few of the shots. The customer thought they were fabulous. I see what others are doing and realize I have a long way to go. C&C welcome.

236772360-L.jpg

236778400-L.jpg

236781439-L.jpg

236790315-L.jpg

236791683-L.jpg

236793511-L.jpg

236801336-L.jpg

236808366-L.jpg

236822371-L.jpg

236824105-L.jpg

236828878-L.jpg

236809807-L.jpg

236795541-L-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 10, 2008
    some good shots, david-

some very good, and neat shots: 2, 3, 5, 9, 11-

how did they like the photos?-

have you recovered yet?-
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    gefillmore wrote:
    some good shots, david-

some very good, and neat shots: 2, 3, 5, 9, 11-

how did they like the photos?-

have you recovered yet?-

Thanks George. I am relieved it is over. The customer loved them.
  • Options
    CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Very nice..
    The one thing I've noticed is (perhaps just me..) that some of the pictures have camera shake.. or something to the same effect.
    Also in #4 the glass glare on the two men to the right.
    Overall I really enjoyed the set!
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Looks as if you did a great job David. #8,10,11,12, and 13 are my picks although it would be tough to choose a favorite.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Very nice job!
    Please note that my comments are after viewing on my POS monitor at work...

Is it my monitor or are you having problems with blown whites (specifically, #3, #6,and #11)?
    • 1 - Taken from a higher position, you would have gotten less ceiling and more bride in the mirror. I find this type of shot difficult to get right and you've done better than most of mine.
    • 2 - This little guy has the right idea, "What am I doing here!"
    • 3 - The ferns are a distraction. Did you get one of them after they had passed the ferns?
    • 4 - I like this shot and I plan to be doing more of them myself (as the opportunity presents).
    • 5 - This is probably my favorite shot. Suggestions: I would clone out the two distracting dark objects in the background (far left from bride's head and just left of brides head).
    • 6 - I like the groupings of this shot. It also appears you were shooting with solid over-cast skys, where it's difficult to maintain the sky (not blowing it out) and, at the same time, getting a decent exposure of the subject(s). It appears to me that you could have dialed back the exposure about 1/2 stop to bring the white a little better under control. I would like to see a little interaction between the groups and the B&G. This looks like the B&G are there and the other groups just happened to be in the frame. Just my $.02.
    • 9 - I love the animation in the young'ns faces! Nice!
    • 11 - Nice, I really like the slight motion blur as it gives the photo a real sense of motion/action.
    • 12 - this is much better than #8 as I see more emotion/interaction between them.

As a first time, these are exceptional. On issue that many have problems with is maintaining similar WB between the shots. You did well here. clap.gif
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    David I think you did exceptionally well for a first wedding! The one shot I keep going back to is #11. It has a very photo-journalistic feel to it. I like the blur of motion and the delight in their faces. It is a common thing to see at wedding (little kids having fun) but not always captured at the right moments. The only negative thing I would say about it is the candelabra behind her head, but it is what it is! Over all a really nice set. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2008
    Very nice..
    The one thing I've noticed is (perhaps just me..) that some of the pictures have camera shake.. or something to the same effect.
    Also in #4 the glass glare on the two men to the right.
    Overall I really enjoyed the set!

Thanks for the comments. The blur in some of them is probably from dragging the shutter. I was bummed about the eyeglasses, but liked the picture overall.
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Looks as if you did a great job David. #8,10,11,12, and 13 are my picks although it would be tough to choose a favorite.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Jeff for the nice words.
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2008
    Please note that my comments are after viewing on my POS monitor at work...

Is it my monitor or are you having problems with blown whites (specifically, #3, #6,and #11)?
    • 1 - Taken from a higher position, you would have gotten less ceiling and more bride in the mirror. I find this type of shot difficult to get right and you've done better than most of mine.
    • 2 - This little guy has the right idea, "What am I doing here!"
    • 3 - The ferns are a distraction. Did you get one of them after they had passed the ferns?
    • 4 - I like this shot and I plan to be doing more of them myself (as the opportunity presents).
    • 5 - This is probably my favorite shot. Suggestions: I would clone out the two distracting dark objects in the background (far left from bride's head and just left of brides head).
    • 6 - I like the groupings of this shot. It also appears you were shooting with solid over-cast skys, where it's difficult to maintain the sky (not blowing it out) and, at the same time, getting a decent exposure of the subject(s). It appears to me that you could have dialed back the exposure about 1/2 stop to bring the white a little better under control. I would like to see a little interaction between the groups and the B&G. This looks like the B&G are there and the other groups just happened to be in the frame. Just my $.02.
    • 9 - I love the animation in the young'ns faces! Nice!
    • 11 - Nice, I really like the slight motion blur as it gives the photo a real sense of motion/action.
    • 12 - this is much better than #8 as I see more emotion/interaction between them.
    As a first time, these are exceptional. On issue that many have problems with is maintaining similar WB between the shots. You did well here. clap.gif

Scott,

Thank you for the detailed feedback and the encouraging words. It was very helpful.

David
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2008
    saurora wrote:
    David I think you did exceptionally well for a first wedding! The one shot I keep going back to is #11. It has a very photo-journalistic feel to it. I like the blur of motion and the delight in their faces. It is a common thing to see at wedding (little kids having fun) but not always captured at the right moments. The only negative thing I would say about it is the candelabra behind her head, but it is what it is! Over all a really nice set. thumb.gif

Saurora, Thanks for the comments and encouragement. I really appreciate it.