Striking a Winter Pose

bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
edited January 11, 2008 in People
My two year old daughter as we played outside in the snow recently. She moved towards the fence for some reason and it seemed like a good backdrop - so I grabbed a few frames.

p371697870.jpg

Thanks for having a look.
Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw

Comments

• Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Sweet girl
    bauerman wrote:
    My two year old daughter as we played outside in the snow recently. She moved towards the fence for some reason and it seemed like a good backdrop - so I grabbed a few frames.

Reminds me of my granddaughters. Blond blue eyes I guess. Lovely girl.

Talking about sharpening in my A700 thread, your picture does not look that sharp. Deliberately done? ne_nau.gif
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Lovely daughter. I find the hood ring and cuff of the jacket a bit bright, and distracting, but you were definitely right to think the natural wood fence would be a nice background for your daughter. The color and lines of her hair, compared to the wood, and her eyes matching the knots of the planks, works well.
    Growing with Dgrin

• bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    bauerman wrote:

Reminds me of my granddaughters. Blond blue eyes I guess. Lovely girl.

Talking about sharpening in my A700 thread, your picture does not look that sharp. Deliberately done? ne_nau.gif

You are correct - this shot it not tack sharp by any means - it was slightly out of focus when I downloaded it, but it was the best frame of the small number that I was able to capture. With it being a bit out of focus - sharpening will not work too well on it - from my past experience with trying.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look at my thread.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    leaforte wrote:
    Lovely daughter. I find the hood ring and cuff of the jacket a bit bright, and distracting, but you were definitely right to think the natural wood fence would be a nice background for your daughter. The color and lines of her hair, compared to the wood, and her eyes matching the knots of the planks, works well.

Thanks much for the feedback and for taking the time to have a look. It is much appreciated. I agree with you on the cuff and the hood ring - I will play with those portions of the photo tonight and see if I can get a better overall version. May post it here in the thread and see what you think.

Thanks again.