cant upload and log out issues

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited January 13, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Now this may just be total coincidence, but it seems that since I added the code for the new SS that I've started having problems logging out. :huh

Now, the second issues that I'm having problems uploading. I NOW get connection was reset with the addy in the addy bar of:

http://upload.smugmug.com/photos/add.mg?AlbumID=XXXXXXX

Before I got the connection was reset error (FF2), I would get logged out. Which is odd as I'm having problems logging out :rofl

SM having issues *again* tonight? Yeah, I think so cus now I can't load my site.

Kinda getting old...

EDIT: upload issues must have been due to technical issues SM was having, but the log out issue has been going on for a few days now. Seems to 'fix' itself after I post here that I'm having issues with logging out.
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Site's back to normal... sorry for the disruption tonight.

Can you try and login/out again now and see if the problem is persisting?
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Site's back to normal... sorry for the disruption tonight.

Can you try and login/out again now and see if the problem is persisting?

Seems on going Andy, like I say - for the past few days.

Of course I can't replicate the problem now, just like when I posted that I was having issues last time - the problem went away until the next day. Odd.

I just tried using FF2 and IE7 (logging in/out), and no issues. I'll have to try again tomorow.

It just seems odd that I only started having this issue after I installed the code for the new SS.

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    DJK

I did not do SS code, and I am seeing the same issues as you are.

Logging out, being shown as logged in. Logged in, shows I need to login.

SMug gurus...

More often than not, when I open my site, it shows that I am not logged in. But if I refresh the page... I am logged in. There seems to be a connection with speed, login/out and custom host name sites. NOT my connection speed. Speed that SMug/custom host name links.

Also, if I use my SMug name/address... rarely problems.
    Custom host name... problems off and on.

I love SMug, and I am not complaining to complain. I am just telling you that there are problems, to try and help you listen to and understand us.

THANKS
    edited January 11, 2008
    ShebaJo wrote:
    DJK

I did not do SS code, and I am seeing the same issues as you are.

Logging out, being shown as logged in. Logged in, shows I need to login.

SMug gurus...

More often than not, when I open my site, it shows that I am not logged in. But if I refresh the page... I am logged in. There seems to be a connection with speed, login/out and custom host name sites. NOT my connection speed. Speed that SMug/custom host name links.

Also, if I use my SMug name/address... rarely problems.
    Custom host name... problems off and on.

I love SMug, and I am not complaining to complain. I am just telling you that there are problems, to try and help you listen to and understand us.

THANKS
    Are you logging in and out from www.smugmug.com ?
    edited January 11, 2008
    Andy wrote:

I log in one of two ways, via a bookmark set to: https://www.smugmug.com/login.mg?goTo=http://www.djkennedy.com/

OR I log in while 'visiting' the site, and choose the log in on the bottom of the site.

COuldn't tell you which is giving the issues.

Lastnight I would log in, no problems, go to do something like add photo - it asks me to log in...odd. might have been due to the probs SM was having last night.

edited January 11, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    I log in one of two ways, via a bookmark set to: https://www.smugmug.com/login.mg?goTo=http://www.djkennedy.com/

OR I log in while 'visiting' the site, and choose the log in on the bottom of the site.

COuldn't tell you which is giving the issues.

Lastnight I would log in, no problems, go to do something like add photo - it asks me to log in...odd. might have been due to the probs SM was having last night.

Try logging in and out ONLY from http://www.smugmug.com see what happens.
    edited January 11, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Try logging in and out ONLY from http://www.smugmug.com see what happens.

If you mean loggin out using the log out link at the bottom of the page, I do that - or do you mean loading in another window www.smugmug.com? I could (try to remember to) do that for a week to see if makes a dif.

edited January 11, 2008
    Andy wrote:

No, I rarely login/out from main SMug page. My home page is set to ShebaJoPhoto.com . That is where I login/out from. BUT, when the page loads more slowly than it should, it shows me logged out.... even though I haven't logged out. I am normally logged in, except to check how the site looks. When I refresh the page, it shows me logged in.. just like I should be. Nothing done, but refreshing the page.

Also, when I go to other sites, back to SMug in the same browser window, no problems, logged in. If I open another browser window, keep the first open, no problems, logged in.

But... if I close all browser windows.. more often than not, when I open the browser (Mozilla) I am logged out.. refresh, logged in as should be.

A few nights ago, the sometimes in, sometims out started... that is a different issue. When I wrote to SMug help, they said Don and crew were working on it. The second time it happened, SMug was already on it. I think the second time I saw it happen was the first time DJK posted, I replied.
    edited January 11, 2008
    ShebaJo wrote:
    No, I rarely login/out from main SMug page. My home page is set to ShebaJoPhoto.com That is where I login/out from.

Please read the Gotcha on this page, thank you: http://www.smugmug.com/help/acctlogin
    edited January 11, 2008
    I do have custom banner, only login/out is in footer.

I don't think the login/out method or page is the problem. It really seems to be a speed of connection of our custom host names with/to SMug.

There have been a couple times that an error message has popped up, something like "connection has been reset, is it ok to be forwarded."

Maybe it is a GoDaddy issue with SMug???
    edited January 11, 2008
    ShebaJo wrote:
    I do have custom banner, only login/out is in footer.

I don't think the login/out method or page is the problem.
    Please log in/out from www.smugmug.com like we say and our help pages say, okay?

It really seems to be a speed of connection of our custom host names with/to SMug.

There have been a couple times that an error message has popped up, something like "connection has been reset, is it ok to be forwarded."

Maybe it is a GoDaddy issue with SMug???
    I don't think it's godaddy-SmugMug - I use godaddy and many others do.

Be sure also you aren't running any cookie blasting software?
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Please log in/out from www.smugmug.com like we say and our help pages say, okay?

Just noticed this thread. I've been having the same login/logout issues. Thanks Andy for pointing out the gottcha. The only problem with using our nickname . smugmug.com to login all the time is that I frequently use my navbar to get around the site... which is set to my custom domain name. Other than having to use the refresh button &/or visit a couple pages before the custom domain name login actually takes effect... (and that it's a pain) is there any reason why I shouldn't use my custom name to login? The won't effect the way visiters view correct??? Just need a confirm...

Thanks,
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
    edited January 11, 2008
    Cindy wrote:
    Just noticed this thread. I've been having the same login/logout issues. Thanks Andy for pointing out the gottcha. The only problem with using our nickname . smugmug.com to login all the time is that I frequently use my navbar to get around the site... which is set to my custom domain name. Other than having to use the refresh button &/or visit a couple pages before the custom domain name login actually takes effect... (and that it's a pain) is there any reason why I shouldn't use my custom name to login? The won't effect the way visiters view correct??? Just need a confirm...

Thanks,
    No, it won't affect the way visitors see and use your site.

If you have a custom domain, you need to log in and out from www.smugmug.com :)
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2008
    Cindy wrote:

Thanks,
    Cindy, change you nav links to relative and you won't have this problem.
    Your pages will stay on either your nickname or domain depending on how
    you enter your site.

<div id="navcontainer">
    <ul>
    <li><a href="/">Home</a></li>~
    <li><a href="/gallery/780287">Services / Information / Portfolio</a></li>~
    <li><a href="/Clients">Clients</a></li>~
    <li><a href="/galleries">Galleries</a></li>~
    <li><a href="/keyword">Keywords</a></li>~
    <li><a href="/gallery/781066">Guestbook / Contact</a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited January 12, 2008
    Andy wrote:

The problem may be browser mozilla browser, no scripts... but, IE also has problems off and on... Safari seems to be fine, so it may be my new default browser.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2008
    Just to clear something up here, and reiterate what was mentioned above:

People that have a Pro account and a custom domain set, should NEVER log in or out from that custom domain regardless of the browser or anything else.
    Also bookmarks should not use/contain the custom domain.

Please use your myusername.smugmug.com address, alternatively you can also use www.smugmug.com or any other xxxxx.smugmug.com page with a login/logout link.

This is the only option at this time, sorry.
    edited January 12, 2008
    I am talking about when I logged in and out at smugmug main page or my shebajo.smugmug.

BUT... I am done dealing with it. There is no used discussing this further, imo.
  • lcashionlcashion Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 13, 2008
    I am having the same issues with being logged out.

I do log in and out from smugmug.com but I am contantly being logged out. For instance I will log in, click on 'control panel' then it will take me right back to the login screen again. This happens no matter what I try to do. It's not always on the first item I try and click. Sometimes I will be able to get into my control panel, then click on gallery and it takes me to site (not logged in). I have noticed that if I clean out my cache that the problem resolves temporarily but it always comes back. It's getting really frustrating.

I am still in my trial period right now and it's been happening since I registered for a site.

www.lauracashionphotography.smugmug.com
    edited January 13, 2008
    ShebaJo wrote:
    BUT... I am done dealing with it. There is no used discussing this further, imo.
    In my opinion there is, are we not being clear in our questions - or or descriptions? Shebajo, we don't want you to have any part of your SmuMug experience be unpleasant.
    edited January 13, 2008
    So does that mean you are going to look into the issue?
    Do you need any additional information?
    edited January 13, 2008
    lcashion wrote:
    So does that mean you are going to look into the issue?
    Do you need any additional information?
    Yup we'll help you.... first, please check to see that you have cookies enables (permanently!) for www.smugmug.com. Do you run any cookie blasting software, security software, or the like that might interfere with your cookies?

http://www.smugmug.com/help/cookies

If the problem persists, please write to our Support Heroes and let us help you from the help desk. Thanks.
    edited January 13, 2008
    Thanks for the response Andy. I have enabled cookies for the site and that didn't resolve the issue. I am running Windows Defender and McAfee, but I didn't see anywhere on there that I could specifically allow for a site?
    I will go through the help desk on it though.