Digital Photography 5th anniversary

rwdfresnorwdfresno Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited January 15, 2008 in People
Well this is my 5th anniversary of digital photography. I first purchased a digital camera to capture the birth of my first born daughter. My real quest for better photography skills came soon after as I wanted to improve upon my skills to consistently be able to document her growing up. 5 years, another daughter, and several digital camera's later my favorite subjects are still people. I love to watch people doing what they do and document it with pictures.

Anyway, thanks to those of you on this site and others for letting me watch and learn from you.

Here are a couple from my first month of being in the world of digital. It was the good ol Sony S85 (which I still love and is still in the family). It was pretty noisy by today's standards but the Ziess lens was wonderful (and fast by point and shoot standards.)

Ryan

2186870762_30c38cb168_o.jpg

2186870994_7482f967aa_o.jpg
Ryan Davis
my flickr

Comments

• bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2008
    Ryan,

You entered the world of digital photography for the exact same reason that I did - to document the lives of my children. My oldest is five now and he and his sister are going to inherit a TON of photographs of themselves at some point down the road! And I have always tried to make those photographs as high quality as possible.

I wanted to become a better photographer and purchase better gear simply to capture the events of their lives and provide a family history, if you will, through photography. (Especially since writing in a journal is something I cannot seem to do consistently.)

I think that the two photos that you have posted here are WONDERFUL and are well captured by an obviously loving parent. Congratulations on your anniversary in digital photography and I look forward to more of your posts.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw