Toy Airplanes - Macro using Canon EF100/2 Lens, Canon 30D

pankajasundipankajasundi Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited January 15, 2008 in Holy Macro
Hi,
Posting for the first time in this group. A newbie to DSLR world, and to the Macro world.

I have a entire collection of toy airplanes, that I photographed today at http://asundi.smugmug.com/gallery/4152103/1/242361496

Comments welcome :)

242361496-L.jpg

/Pankaj

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2008
    Hi,
    Posting for the first time in this group. A newbie to DSLR world, and to the Macro world.

I have a entire collection of toy airplanes, that I photographed today at http://asundi.smugmug.com/gallery/4152103/1/242361496

Comments welcome :)

Pankaj

This is a good shot Pankaj, the only thing I find distracting is the lines on the material you have used as the background.

Had a quick look at your models on your website,
    got yourself a great collection there, I like those older style planes.

I'm thinking maybe a material that doesn't have lines would make a better backdrop ?? (just my thoughts only)

Thank you for sharing your hobby thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • pankajasundipankajasundi Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited January 12, 2008
    Thanks for the suggestions. Will fix it fo the next shots..

/Pankaj
    Skippy wrote:
    This is a good shot Pankaj, the only thing I find distracting is the lines on the material you have used as the background.

Had a quick look at your models on your website,
    got yourself a great collection there, I like those older style planes.

I'm thinking maybe a material that doesn't have lines would make a better backdrop ?? (just my thoughts only)

Thank you for sharing your hobby thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
  • teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2008
    Nice collection!
    I really like the shots of your model planes on your site. How hard would it be to hang / suspend them from a wire or fishing line and get some shots of them with the sky (maybe even clouds) as the back drop? I do not have any models to try this with but I have noticed that when I am out capturing spiders if I get my angel (usually that means getting low to the ground and shooting upwards) just right it makes the spider web disappear. Fishing line might do the same thing. I guess the hard part would be attaching the fishing line to the model without danaging it. Just a thought. Thanks for sharing. MM
    “I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
    — Lord Byron
  • TheMightyZogTheMightyZog Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2008
    You need more depth of field to get everything in focus - have you tried CombineZ - worth the effort if you want the best shots
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    LOve the light and focus on the aeroplane but think the BG material could be better.
    Brian V.
    edited January 13, 2008
    MM I will try that for sure... Thanks for the suggestions
    /Pankaj
    I really like the shots of your model planes on your site. How hard would it be to hang / suspend them from a wire or fishing line and get some shots of them with the sky (maybe even clouds) as the back drop? I do not have any models to try this with but I have noticed that when I am out capturing spiders if I get my angel (usually that means getting low to the ground and shooting upwards) just right it makes the spider web disappear. Fishing line might do the same thing. I guess the hard part would be attaching the fishing line to the model without danaging it. Just a thought. Thanks for sharing. MM
    edited January 13, 2008
    I think CombineZ works only on PC... I am a Mac guy for all my photos :) Is there anything that works on the Mac?
    You need more depth of field to get everything in focus - have you tried CombineZ - worth the effort if you want the best shots
    edited January 13, 2008
    Thanks Brian, I will find some other material and try again...
    LOve the light and focus on the aeroplane but think the BG material could be better.
    Brian V.
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2008
    Based on your toy plane collection, I assume you like airplanes. I think you might want to check out http://jetphotos.net and http://airliners.net if you haven't done so already.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips