Options

How long for prints to arrive?

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited March 17, 2005 in SmugMug Support
On 3/10, I ordered my first set of smugmug prints in order to try out the printing service and I received an order confirmation email right away.

On 3/11, I received a ship confirmation email that said "we shipped your order today via 'Economy to United States' from Georgia" (I live in CA).

It's now 3/16 and I'm wondering if I should be worried that nothing has arrived? I must say I'm spoiled by Amazon's ship tracking so I can always see where my order is without having to ask the company a question like this, but I didn't get any sort of tracking number with this order.

How long should the shipment take? When should I start to worry that it hasn't arrive? My smugmug order number is #28287 if that helps to answer the question.

Can I log a feature request for a shipment tracking number and URL to use to look it up with to be added to the ship confirmation email so I could just look this up myself?

--John
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    On 3/10, I ordered my first set of smugmug prints in order to try out the printing service and I received an order confirmation email right away.

On 3/11, I received a ship confirmation email that said "we shipped your order today via 'Economy to United States' from Georgia" (I live in CA).

It's now 3/16 and I'm wondering if I should be worried that nothing has arrived? I must say I'm spoiled by Amazon's ship tracking so I can always see where my order is without having to ask the company a question like this, but I didn't get any sort of tracking number with this order.

How long should the shipment take? When should I start to worry that it hasn't arrive? My smugmug order number is #28287 if that helps to answer the question.

Can I log a feature request for a shipment tracking number and URL to use to look it up with to be added to the ship confirmation email so I could just look this up myself?

--John

economy is regular us mail - so according to the usps, that's a few days, depending on where you live.

fwiw, you can choose 2day shipping, it's great.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    jfriend wrote:

Getting a tracking number depends on what shipping you select. I guess standard USPS does not feature this.

Nevertheless I was very impressed by the shipping speed. I received my pictures in less than a week here in Germany and this week included New Years Eve. thumb.gif
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 16, 2005
    Getting a tracking number depends on what shipping you select. I guess standard USPS does not feature this.
    Yeah, the USPS doesn't provide us with tracking numbers for these packages so we don't have a number to give. The other shipping methods use FedEx, so we send along those tracking numbers with the shipping confirmation email.

As for how long it takes? Well, that is a good question. Out here in CA, I usually get my pictures in 2 or 3 days. But I know some customers who live an hour or two away from EZprints that it usually takes over a week to get. Generally, all hope is lost after 2 full weeks. They frequently take that long, though I very rarely see them every show up past 2 weeks.
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2005
    Wow, I'm amazed that any form of regular shipping within the U.S. would take two weeks. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but my online shopping experience is that "ground" shipping which is usually the cheapest option at places like Amazon or RitzCamera or BHPhoto has never taken more than a week. When you choose the slowest shipping means, Amazon sometimes doesn't ship it very timely, but it still always arrives within 7-days from when it ships. I mention this because if this does really happen with your lowest cost shipping option (2 week delivery), then that will not be what most users will expect. In fact, I'd suggest that you label that shipping option as "up to two weeks". You will not only set expectations more properly, but probably also trigger a lot more people to buy one of the more expensive shipping options.

--John
    Ben wrote:
    Yeah, the USPS doesn't provide us with tracking numbers for these packages so we don't have a number to give. The other shipping methods use FedEx, so we send along those tracking numbers with the shipping confirmation email.

As for how long it takes? Well, that is a good question. Out here in CA, I usually get my pictures in 2 or 3 days. But I know some customers who live an hour or two away from EZprints that it usually takes over a week to get. Generally, all hope is lost after 2 full weeks. They frequently take that long, though I very rarely see them every show up past 2 weeks.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    My order came within 4 days. I live in Ohio.

I did order a necklace one time from a CA company that was shipped USPS and it took 3 frickin weeks to arrive.
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    USPS is very erratic. I live in GA and it has taken anywhere from 2-6 days to get my prints. I only live a few hours away from EZPRINTS. Go figure.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2005
    It took 7 days
    To close the loop here, my prints arrived today - they took 7 days. They look very nice. I ordered these as a test run to see what EZPrints look like and they look great (a couple 8x10s and a couple 4x6s).

--John
    tmlphoto wrote:
    USPS is very erratic. I live in GA and it has taken anywhere from 2-6 days to get my prints. I only live a few hours away from EZPRINTS. Go figure.
    --John
    HomepagePopular