242572234-M.jpg

242572342-L.jpg

Sky Blue:
242572435-L.jpg

Bone:
242572608-L.jpg

242572702-L.jpg

242572787-L.jpg

Hmm. Those last 3 look a little bright. They were too dark so I added a screen layer; I think I over did it. Oops!!

Go ahead and give C/C--I dish it out;I can take it. LOL

Comments

• DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Very nice! Love the shots. Love the background.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    He's too cute to criticize!!! Nice shots and your backgrounds look great. (Super model! iloveyou.gif )
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Oops forgot one. Here's another w/ blue:
    242572505-M.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, guys!
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Very nice Jan and yor little guy is too cute!!!
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    The backdrops look great! I like the blue one especially. And your little guy is just adorable! Love that curly hair and his wide range of expressions (#3 is to die for!) Thanks for sharing.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Scotty_RScotty_R Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    What a beautiful child. Fine portraits all. Enjoy your new backgrounds.
    Scotty
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Very nice test shots!!! I am partial to the bone color, but they look fantastic. Your lighting is done very well. What set up did you use here?
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    These shots make me want to invest in some indoor/studio equipment! But, I'm resisting. that. urge. Your subject is adorable, of course, and the backdrops are lovely colors. They look very versatile. I think that last blue shot you posted is my fav!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    edited January 13, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Very nice test shots!!! I am partial to the bone color, but they look fantastic. Your lighting is done very well. What set up did you use here?

2 AB 400's; 1 w/a medium softbox & one w/ a giant softbox. Main AB was at 1/4 power to camera right; other one was as 1/32 power directly to subject's right.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    What a cutie! Some very nice shots....

1 and 2 look a bit muddy and dark - try bumping the contrast....

In a few, I think the light needs to be more behind the camera instead of at 45ish degrees from the boy. In #4 I love how his face is lit, but in #5 I think it needs to be adjusted - either expose for the left side of his face (the largest portion that's exposed the same) or toss it out. It's almost really good, but the lighting being off kills it for me.

The backdrops look awesome and I love the last one you posted! The crop, lighting, exposure are wonderful!
    edited January 13, 2008
    What a cutie! Some very nice shots....

1 and 2 look a bit muddy and dark - try bumping the contrast....

In a few, I think the light needs to be more behind the camera instead of at 45ish degrees from the boy. In #4 I love how his face is lit, but in #5 I think it needs to be adjusted - either expose for the left side of his face (the largest portion that's exposed the same) or toss it out. It's almost really good, but the lighting being off kills it for me.

The backdrops look awesome and I love the last one you posted! The crop, lighting, exposure are wonderful!

Thanks! That really helps! I agree the lighting is bad in #5. One prob. w/ studio light is they really need to be looking where you set the lights up for them to be looking. In this case, I told him to tip his head towards the big light, and he insisted on looking at the fill light. rolleyes1.gif
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Look nice Jan, esp the light blue.

I just got my umbrellas and stands, and am still using the ole white wall as a backdrop. How does the paper hold up? Can you reuse it? does it wrinkle alot? I just wonder how it compares to muslin, since it appears to be so affordable.
    edited January 13, 2008
    It seems to hold up okay! I used the black one 4-5 times at least before I cut some off due to scuff marks. Once one of mine was torn by the client about 4' in, so I lost a lot there...but with normal use they are quite affordable. I love that I can play w/ a variety of colors w/out dropping a ton of cash. I just get the 12' long rolls for now...if I find a color I've fallen in love with I may get the longer rolls.