rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited January 13, 2008 in People
242651557-XL.jpg

C&C welcome.
Rich

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Very classy focus, exposure, lighting (unless possibly a touch hard on the flat planes of the face, and the eyes could be brightened a tiny bit). Beautiful suface sheen and glow. Good crop, pose (unless possibly a little too all square on). Face beautifully framed. Refreshingly different palette. DOF very nice, however the figure is a little too detached from the background for me. It mainly says 'fashion' to me. Small quibbles about a stylish shot. Thanks for the look.
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    NeilL wrote:
    Very classy focus, exposure, lighting (unless possibly a touch hard on the flat planes of the face, and the eyes could be brightened a tiny bit). Beautiful suface sheen and glow. Good crop, pose (unless possibly a little too all square on). Face beautifully framed. Refreshingly different palette. DOF very nice, however the figure is a little too detached from the background for me. It mainly says 'fashion' to me. Small quibbles about a stylish shot. Thanks for the look.

Thank you for looking. My daughter will like your comment about "fashion". Shopping is one of her hobbies!
    Rich
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    I like the pose & color of the scarf & hat w/ her eyes. However, her cheeks look blown to me...plus it seems like she's VERY bright in comparison to the background.
    edited January 13, 2008
    ~Jan~ wrote:
    I like the pose & color of the scarf & hat w/ her eyes. However, her cheeks look blown to me...plus it seems like she's VERY bright in comparison to the background.

I shot this on our front outside deck and I bounced the flash off the ceiling. Snowing out also. I wish it was softer but the photo was kind of a spur of the moment thing. Thanks for looking.
    Rich
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    rkw624 wrote:
    I shot this on our front outside deck and I bounced the flash off the ceiling. Snowing out also. I wish it was softer but the photo was kind of a spur of the moment thing. Thanks for looking.

I took the liberty of saving the picture and opening it in photoshop. It is badly blown in the face...it won't print out well. Did you shoot RAW? If so, you might be able to save those blowouts. Or, maybe you blew them in PP?
    edited January 13, 2008
    ~Jan~ wrote:
    I took the liberty of saving the picture and opening it in photoshop. It is badly blown in the face...it won't print out well. Did you shoot RAW? If so, you might be able to save those blowouts. Or, maybe you blew them in PP?

Probably in PP. I'll give it another try sometime today. Thanks.
    Rich
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Love the colors with her eyes and her smile! It does look overly bright in the face, but may be somewhat fixable, as suggested. Nice shot!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • neastguyneastguy Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    i like it, she looks great, its a bit bright, but it doesnt bother me...... ... anyhow.. she looks great clap.gif
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Definitely tone down the brightness, but it's a GREAT shot and a gorgeous girl!