Options

Transferring a photo from CS3

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited January 13, 2008 in Finishing School
I have recently started to shoot Raw and when I transfer a photo onto my computer the photo automatically appears in my Photoshop CS3 with all the adjustments on the right hand side of the photo. After I have done the adjustments I want to save the photo to My Documents. After I use File, and Save As, I find not only the photo but the whole page including CS3 has been sent to My Docs. How do I send the photo only. Can some one please tell me what I have to click on to do this.
Many Thanks
Bob

Comments

• Options
    susanbudgesusanbudge Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    I have recently started to shoot Raw and when I transfer a photo onto my computer the photo automatically appears in my Photoshop CS3 with all the adjustments on the right hand side of the photo. After I have done the adjustments I want to save the photo to My Documents. After I use File, and Save As, I find not only the photo but the whole page including CS3 has been sent to My Docs. How do I send the photo only. Can some one please tell me what I have to click on to do this.
    Many Thanks
    Bob

Bob, what method of camera to computer transfer are you doing?

I am assuming you are using Bridge to open your raw files which will then open up in the Camera Raw Dialogue box (with the adjustments down the side).

After making your adjustments, I am not sure what you are doing, but you can either
    1) click "0pen Image" on the bottom right of the box. This will bring the photo up in another window and you can use file - save as to save where, and in whatever file format you wish. the adjustments will be saved in your original raw file.

or

) Click on "save image" at the bottom left of the raw dialogue box and you can then choose where and how you are going to save it. It will save without opening in another window.

Whichever method you choose, the camera raw dialogue box should not open with the file after being saved that way, unless you are saving as jpeg and have that preference set in PS. Check edit - preferences - file handling and there is a check box to choose using the raw dialogue box for jpegs.

I hope this helps.

Susan
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2008
    susanbudge wrote:

I am assuming you are using Bridge to open your raw files which will then open up in the Camera Raw Dialogue box (with the adjustments down the side).

After making your adjustments, I am not sure what you are doing, but you can either
    1) click "0pen Image" on the bottom right of the box. This will bring the photo up in another window and you can use file - save as to save where, and in whatever file format you wish. the adjustments will be saved in your original raw file.

or

) Click on "save image" at the bottom left of the raw dialogue box and you can then choose where and how you are going to save it. It will save without opening in another window.

Whichever method you choose, the camera raw dialogue box should not open with the file after being saved that way, unless you are saving as jpeg and have that preference set in PS. Check edit - preferences - file handling and there is a check box to choose using the raw dialogue box for jpegs.

I hope this helps.

Susan[/quote

Hi Susan,
    I am using a Canon40D and plugging it straight into the computer. I am sure I can follow your instructions and thanks once again for your kind help. I will let you know how I get on.
    Kind regards
    Bob
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    susanbudge wrote:

or

I hope this helps.

Susan[/quote

Hi Susan,
    I am using a Canon40D and plugging it straight into the computer. I am sure I can follow your instructions and thanks once again for your kind help. I will let you know how I get on.
    Kind regards
    Bob

Hi Susan,
    I have worked it out no problem and I really appreciate your kind help.
    Thanks
    Bob
  • Options
    susanbudgesusanbudge Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    canon400d wrote:

Hi Susan,
    I have worked it out no problem and I really appreciate your kind help.
    Thanks
    Bob

Good one!

Susan