Prague People Pix

-Oy--Oy- Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited January 14, 2008 in People
Hi all

A few people pix from a trip to Prague.

Royal guard caught napping (Well, blinking anyway)

222427829-L.jpg

Jester type busker chap

222427924-L.jpg

Old busker on Prague square

222726359-L.jpg

I call this one... Yellow Hammer :)

222427972-L.jpg
Wherever you go... there you are!

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Wonderful! Crisp, colorful, interesting subjects, great compositions. I like these a lot!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Really great shots,,,makes want to return to Prague as soon as possible.......without seeing more of the surrounding area, I cannot tell which Sqyare you were in.... the Guards I know where to find as I spent 2 days off and on heckling them and they seemed to enjoy it, most people were afraid to approach them and I would stand there asking what they thought of such and such girl as they passed by....a couple of the gaurds started to laugh then caught themselves and just smiled..... The Guards in Prag Castle...so are the rest in the square in the Hrad or are they in like OLD Town or one of the other squares??
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• -Oy--Oy- Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Really great shots,,,makes want to return to Prague as soon as possible.......without seeing more of the surrounding area, I cannot tell which Sqyare you were in.... the Guards I know where to find as I spent 2 days off and on heckling them and they seemed to enjoy it, most people were afraid to approach them and I would stand there asking what they thought of such and such girl as they passed by....a couple of the gaurds started to laugh then caught themselves and just smiled..... The Guards in Prag Castle...so are the rest in the square in the Hrad or are they in like OLD Town or one of the other squares??

The Jester was sat on the wall on the ramp down from the back of the Castle.

The girl witht he hammer was running a tour round the castle.

The old Sax player was outside the church behind the astronomical clock in Prague Square.

I have more if you're interested :)
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Wow, those are just fantastic! I would like the last to be in all b/w or color, but then again I'm not a fan of selective color.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    These are really wonderful!

But I agree. The last shot is SO powerful and I love the movement of everyone, but that yellow hammer takes away from it. I think it would be much stronger in B&W only. My fave of the bunch!
  • -Oy--Oy- Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    How's this?

YellowHammerBW.jpg
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Beautiful images. I agree that the full b/w on the last is much stronger. thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    very beautiful ! loved them
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 14, 2008
    some really neat pics-

the last one with the selective coloring is great-

there's some irony there (can't nail it exactly) that's hammered home with the color-