Right-Click protection

1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
edited January 13, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Okay, I am spanking new to the pro accounts, but I have a question about right-click protection. It works fine in the galleries, and viewing photos of different sizes, but I believe I found a loop-hole in the "share photo" situation:

After you click on the 'share photo' icon, you are taken into that screen, which defaults to email sharing. Email sharing looks fine, but if you click on the "forums/blogs" option, it takes you to a page where you select the image size you want to share. Hey, those images aren't right-click protected!

I want to share my images via blogs, forums, etc -- it helps get them out there for people to see, but I don't like that loop-hole, and I don't see why it would be necessary. Don't all blogs and fourms accept direct links if they accept image posts at all??
My humble gallery...
www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
www.poolinaction.com

Comments

• 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Even worse, if you post a photo somewhere, even though it is only 'hot-linked' -- not uploaded -- it appears that anyone can simply 'right click' on your image in the forum in which it appears and download it from there headscratch.gif
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Right click ONLY works on your SmugMug gallery. If you allow external links, or post the photo in a forum or blog, it is beyond our control :)