My First Shot @ Macro

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited January 15, 2008 in Holy Macro
Well I got my Kenko tubes in and am having a blast. I ran out this morning and took a few photographs of just about any and everything I thought might be interesting. This photo is of a very small bud on a plant next to my driveway. Just looking at it normally it seems a bland brown color and to my amazement when I put the picture up on my 61" plasma...HOLY MACRO is right...I love the colors. So in my photo frenzy I zoomed in on my son's face and got a few pics there and decided to combine them for this. I'm not happy with the transition from the eye to the bud but I'm working on a better one and will hopefully find one I like.
C&C welcome!

firstmacro.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Interesting shot - I like it. Have fun but mind out macro shooting can be very addictive :)
    Brian V.
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Interesting shot - I like it. Have fun but mind out macro shooting can be very addictive :)
    Brian V.

Thanks Brian. Laughing.gif it is VERY addictive!!!.....unfortunately we are getting ready to be snowed in w/~1' of snow. Maybe I'll find something else in the house to shoot! :)
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    Well I got my Kenko tubes in and am having a blast. I ran out this morning and took a few photographs of just about any and everything I thought might be interesting. This photo is of a very small bud on a plant next to my driveway. Just looking at it normally it seems a bland brown color and to my amazement when I put the picture up on my 61" plasma...HOLY MACRO is right...I love the colors. So in my photo frenzy I zoomed in on my son's face and got a few pics there and decided to combine them for this. I'm not happy with the transition from the eye to the bud but I'm working on a better one and will hopefully find one I like.
    C&C welcome!

Hi there RBrogen, welcome to the Macro Forum.
    Wow that's quite a picture, I like the way you've blended this image......... at first I didnt pay much attention to the back ground,
    then I noticed the eye lashes :D

Very nicely done clap.gif thanks for sharing, hope to see more of your work, keep posting ....and enjoy thumb.gif ...... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • SylarSylar Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    welcome
    Welcome RBrogen into forum and your first macro is cool hope see another great shots my friend ... thumb.gif

Nori
    Muhammad Almeida
    Canon 1D MKIII|Canon 5D MKII | Canon 16-35 2.8|Canon 85m 1.2 L II | Canon MP-E 2.8| Canon 70-200 2.8|Canon 100 F2.8 L IS | Canon 300m 2.8 L IS |Canon Tc 2x II | Canon TC 1.4 X | MT24X
    Flickr - www.flickr.com/photos/phr3ck
    Website - www.wildlifeshot.com
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    I think it's lovely the way it is. I really like the creativeness of your son's eye in the composite.

Peace, gail
  • couriermancourierman Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2008
    it's a good shot and concept,but for me I would darken it down a bit
    Click here to see >>>>My Photos :photo

Canon EOS 40D, MP-E 65 2.8, Sigma EM-140 DG
    Canon EOS 400D Firmware 1.1.1,EF-S 18 55,EF 28 105,Sigma 150 EX DG APO macro,Sigma 70 300 APO DG
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi there RBrogen, welcome to the Macro Forum.
    Wow that's quite a picture, I like the way you've blended this image......... at first I didnt pay much attention to the back ground,
    then I noticed the eye lashes :D

Very nicely done clap.gif thanks for sharing, hope to see more of your work, keep posting ....and enjoy thumb.gif ...... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy. I'm really looking forward to doing more...this was litterally a combination of two of the first 10 shots I took so I"m very excited. clap.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com