Most Popular Gallery Help II?

kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
edited January 15, 2008 in SmugMug Support
G'Day

Sorry, I guess I was not too clear with my first inquiry here so I will try again.

1. Can I delete images from my Smug Mug featured "most popular" gallery and will this delete the image from it's native gallery as well?

2. I have and want the purchase or print option turned off on all my galleries, how do I turn it off in the "most popular" gallery? I don't see a "gallery tools" or "photo tools" pulldown menu in the most popular gallery that would enable me to do this.

3. How do images end up in the "most popular" gallery? Is it form viewers clicking the thumbs up?

I hope this is clear enough to elicit a response.

Thanks, Shane :scratch

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    G'Day

Sorry, I guess I was not too clear with my first inquiry here so I will try again.
    If you ever don't get an answer here, simply write us at our help desk. The forum is different than the help desk, where messages are answered by our Support Heroes in minutes, usually and it's open 365 days a year.
    1. Can I delete images from my Smug Mug featured "most popular" gallery and will this delete the image from it's native gallery as well?
    Only by deleting your image from the gallery it is in. Or by replacing the photo with a new photo.

2. I have and want the purchase or print option turned off on all my galleries, how do I turn it off in the "most popular" gallery? I don't see a "gallery tools" or "photo tools" pulldown menu in the most popular gallery that would enable me to do this.
    put this in your CSS box:
    .popularGallery .cartbuttons {display: none;}

3. How do images end up in the "most popular" gallery? Is it form viewers clicking the thumbs up?
    Yes. http://www.smugmug.com/help/search-online-photo-album
  • kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Thanks Andy!

Andy wrote:
    If you ever don't get an answer here, simply write us at our help desk. The forum is different than the help desk, where messages are answered by our Support Heroes in minutes, usually and it's open 365 days a year.

Only by deleting your image from the gallery it is in. Or by replacing the photo with a new photo.
    put this in your CSS box:

Yes. http://www.smugmug.com/help/search-online-photo-album
  • eenusaeenusa Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008

Does this work only for "pro" users? I am a Power user and tried putting this in the CSS box - did not remove the cart from the popular gallery.

I'm pretty sure I have disabled printing for all my galleries, but I still see the cart on my home page. Is there an easy way to see all the settings for the galleries, or do I have to go into each gallery individually?

Thanks.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2008
    eenusa wrote:
    Does this work only for "pro" users? I am a Power user and tried putting this in the CSS box - did not remove the cart from the popular gallery.

I'm pretty sure I have disabled printing for all my galleries, but I still see the cart on my home page. Is there an easy way to see all the settings for the galleries, or do I have to go into each gallery individually?

Thanks.
    Add it to your CSS, it does remove the cart buttons from your popular gallery.

This will also remove from your keyword galleries.

.keywordPage .cartbuttons,
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • eenusaeenusa Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Add it to your CSS, it does remove the cart buttons from your popular gallery.

This will also remove from your keyword galleries.

.keywordPage .cartbuttons,

Thanks, Al. I'll try it again.