young boy (c&c please)

ABCapturesABCaptures Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited January 13, 2008 in People
2191231526_cff41802e3.jpg
I dont usually like blk/wht conversions but the hat is really funky colored and it looked "off" against my sons hazel eyes.. so c&c would be much appreciated
Hi, I'm Ashley
*Love every creature*
Gear: Canon Rebel XTi 18-55mm & 75-300mm

Comments

• ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Cute capture, nice focus, nice light!! I would crop it slightly differently so the eyes aren't dead-on center.
  • ABCapturesABCaptures Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    thank you!!

I did the blk/wht myself instead of using the auto blk/wht option and was pleased with the ease of use... He was slumping alot so I got lots of belly rolls (alot considering how skinney he is) and it looked eek7.gif which is why i cropped it more, i was also working on catchlights but they seem to be a *bit* too far over his pupil... oh well.

great suggestion and comments! Thank you, now if i could get him to sit up to take a photo id be in good shape thumb.gif
    Hi, I'm Ashley
    *Love every creature*

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Very cute!

I'd crop through the hat to get the eyes into the 1/3 point.... and maybe even crop closer on the sides and bottom, if necessary.

The catchlights are just fine! This looks like natural light - is that true?

The conversion looks nice, but a tad bit more contrast might be nice.

For children, these kinds of shots are nice, but I like to see their faces a bit more animated or their bodies/hands/etc doing something.

But it's so tack sharp and his eyes are so gorgeous that it's very nice! Great shot!
    edited January 13, 2008
    thank you Andi... im working very diligenty to get more child related photos.. i appreciate your comments, it was taken using natural light with assistance of in camera flash to brighten it up a bit more.. it was just too dark to use only the natural light, does it show harsh lighting to you?

just for the sake of sharing, here is the full color version

2190580229_00b1da486e.jpg
    Hi, I'm Ashley
    *Love every creature*

• ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    I hope you don't mind but I had a play at cropping it. I'll take this down if it bothers you.

243088629-L-0.jpg

I think a horizontal crop brings out the eyes more. This would be killer if he were looking dead-on at the camera. I think the color version is very nice!
    edited January 13, 2008
    it looks very nice that way! thanks for putting your spin on it clap.gif
    Hi, I'm Ashley
    *Love every creature*