LPS #20 - The making of a legend

ifocusifocus Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited January 14, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here is my concept, I did not have much success in the last 4-5 LPS. Is this one any good?

243071737-L.jpg

Thanks for your help!

--JY

Comments

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Hmmmm...ok, the photography here is very good, however, I don't get it. Maybe it's just my ignorance here. What is she making? I know it's a little plasticine figure, but why a "legend"? And why is she putting a big belly on it? The hands don't look small enough to be a child's so is it a woman playing with playdough or is she a stop-animation creator? If it's the latter, then I think a supporting background might be needed.

I think the idea of hands creating something is a very good one, but my mind just isn't putting together all the parts of the story you are trying to tell.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

edited January 13, 2008
    Oh and by the way, I checked out your gallery. You have some phenomenal images there!
    Emily

• ifocusifocus Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    The legend
    Oh and by the way, I checked out your gallery. You have some phenomenal images there!

It is suppose to be Homer Simpson in the making :D. Huumm, I guess that I am better to improve it ...

Cheers

JY

PS Thanks for the kind words.
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    I could have sworn it was a Homer Simpson

DOH!
    edited January 13, 2008
    I guess you just gotta be a Simpson fan!
    Emily

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    I guess you just gotta be a Simpson fan!

I'm not really. I think I have watched a whole 3 or 4 episodes in all the time that is has been on TV. Part of the problem¿ is I watch very little TV to begin with
    most of my 3-4 hours per week of TV is spent watching Discovery channel.
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    JY, I think you're on a great track trying to display the intricate work that a hand does in such a craft. In that case, the title doesn't need to refer to the homer, but to the work the fingers are doing.. The color in what I see is on the dull side, or perhaps the fingers are just not bright enough to stand out.
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Definitely Homer...
    That being said, his very white eyes are stealing the focus from the hands. Try to brighten them as well to bring them back to the center of attention.
    E
  • jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Looks pretty good to me. I saw Homer right away, good title to go with that. The hands are a little dark, but otherwise looks good to me.