Options

A newbie attempt

FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
edited January 14, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I just got a rebel xt from Tommyboy, my first DSLR. I'm trying to learn. So many buttons:scratch . I now think I need to make a purchase of an external flash I just can't seem to get the camera mount flash to do what I want. Be kind this is like the 10th shot I made! This is my flute, the body is silver and the mouthpiece is gold, but you can't tell from my camera ability

IMG_9023.jpg

and here is my edit attempt
IMG_9023-1.jpg

C+C appreciated and welcome
~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
my real job
looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Flutist wrote:
    I just got a rebel xt from Tommyboy, my first DSLR. I'm trying to learn. So many buttonsheadscratch.gif . I now think I need to make a purchase of an external flash I just can't seem to get the camera mount flash to do what I want. Be kind this is like the 10th shot I made! This is my flute, the body is silver and the mouthpiece is gold, but you can't tell from my camera ability
    and here is my edit attempt
    C+C appreciated and welcome

Hi there Flutist and welcome to the Dgrin Forum clap.gif
    Congratulations on the your getting your first DSLR,
    so now your in Learning Mode right :D

I like the first shot, the added oval frame in the second shot doesn't do anything for me.

The colour difference might have something to do with how reflective your flute is and the colour of the background you chose.

We can clearly see the engraving on the mouth piece and the neck of the flute, and I bet you can play it really well thumb.gif

Your doing fine, the more you use your camera and it's settings,
    the more comfortable you will feel using it.

The good thing with Digital is you can easily erase a shot and shoot it again.

You will continue to improve, I am yet to find anyone who went backwards in photography thumb.gif happy shooting, thanks for sharing.
    .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Thanks!!! I guess looking at the edit attempt it didn't work the way I thought either. I lightened the whole picture up, and initially thought it looked better.ne_nau.gif . On to figure out how to use the wb on the cameraeek7.gif
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11