Morning Mountains

Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
edited January 14, 2008 in Landscapes
Twice a week I have to drive through this mountain range for work. I drive a 45' Pepsi truck so pulling over to take pics isn't an easy option. This morning I was up early so I tried to beat the sun there, didn't make it in time but still managed to get this:

243111345-L.jpg

I thought it came out pretty decent.

I would like to hear what you think:ear

Thanks for looking,

Eric
"My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    Eric, a perfect morning shot!!

I would have been incredibly pleased to have come away from a shoot with this. I love layers in mountains, particularly with mist, but I rarely ever see such a thing. The best part about this image are the long shadows caused by the trees near the center. A very philosophical photo, indeed. thumb.gif
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2008
    I love the light/shadow lines in the clouds. Great shot.
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Good lordy- that is some sweet light. clap.gif

Welcome to (as far as I know) a very limited group of Pepsi photographers. :D

I am down in Phoenix and know of a couple others across the nation.
    45'- so your driving a 16 bay? No worries I won't tell. I have taken the scenic route to capture snow in the desert. :D

Great shot thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    For me, the way the light just kisses the ridgetops in the foreground is the most special aspect of this shot. Well done.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Right time, right place, right light, right camera. That' one terrific shot. Who can ask for more? Sometimes being late does bring better result than expected. Now print, frame, and hang it.thumb.gif

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Splendid ! thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Great job, I'm a sucker for these kind of shots... Well Done thumb.gif
  • cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Very very nice shot. My only nitpick, and only slightley is that patch of land in the lower left. Really draws my eye away from the scene.
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Eric, a perfect morning shot!!

I would have been incredibly pleased to have come away from a shoot with this. I love layers in mountains, particularly with mist, but I rarely ever see such a thing. The best part about this image are the long shadows caused by the trees near the center. A very philosophical photo, indeed. thumb.gif

Thanks Schmoo coming from a fine photographer like yourselfbowdown.gif this means alot
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

edited January 14, 2008
    I love the light/shadow lines in the clouds. Great shot.

Thanks the light coming through the trees was what first caught my eye.

Eric

edited January 14, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Good lordy- that is some sweet light. clap.gif

Welcome to (as far as I know) a very limited group of Pepsi photographers. :D

I am down in Phoenix and know of a couple others across the nation.
    45'- so your driving a 16 bay? No worries I won't tell. I have taken the scenic route to capture snow in the desert. :D

Great shot thumb.gif

Thanks for the compliment

Yeah it's a 16 bay. We still are in the dark ages here and do conventional sales. So I get to drive and sell right off the truck. The first sign on this particular road says " Trucks over 30' not recommended"rolleyes1.gif 19 miles later and a few scared on coming drivers I'm out of the mountains and onto the 20 mile stretch of Redwoods that lead to the 40 mile stretch of coast I service every Tuesday. It really is a beautiful drive but takes about 2 hours one way.

What do you do for Pepsi?

Eric

edited January 14, 2008
    Icebear wrote:
    For me, the way the light just kisses the ridgetops in the foreground is the most special aspect of this shot. Well done.

Thank you

Eric

edited January 14, 2008
    yukio wrote:
    Right time, right place, right light, right camera. That' one terrific shot. Who can ask for more? Sometimes being late does bring better result than expected. Now print, frame, and hang it.thumb.gif

Cuong

Thanks, just have to decided on a good print size and it will be on the wall

Eric

edited January 14, 2008
    Thanks Awais and Ed I always enjoy your posts so it's great to see you guys enjoying one of mine for a change

Eric

edited January 14, 2008
    cwphotos wrote:
    Very very nice shot. My only nitpick, and only slightley is that patch of land in the lower left. Really draws my eye away from the scene.

Thanks
    I was wondering about it but thought it might give some visual anchor to the foreground and a half frame for the pic. Also every other angle either showed the barbed wire fence or the power lines running through it.

Eric