shopping cart?

Gary GlassGary Glass Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
edited January 14, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Is it my imagination or is the shopping cart icon gone? I did a view source on one of my pages, did a search for ".shoppingcart" and found nothing.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Gary Glass wrote:
    Is it my imagination or is the shopping cart icon gone? I did a view source on one of my pages, did a search for ".shoppingcart" and found nothing.

It's there in some of your galleries like this one. Perhaps you have printing turned off in some galleries?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Gary GlassGary Glass Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Turning off printing turns off the shopping icon?

I don't recall that I ever intentionally disabled printing. Is that a default that was changed?
    jfriend wrote:
    It's there in some of your galleries like this one. Perhaps you have printing turned off in some galleries?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Gary Glass wrote:
    Turning off printing turns off the shopping icon?

I don't recall that I ever intentionally disabled printing. Is that a default that was changed?
    Turning off printing has always and forever removed the shopping cart icon from the gallery.
    edited January 14, 2008
    OK. I don't understand. 2 things:

1. I don't remember that I ever turned off printing on any gallery. Is this a default that was changed at some point? Did it used to be on by default?

2. I don't understand the connection between the two things. Buying is buying and printing is printing. Can you explain?

Thanks.
    Andy wrote:
    Turning off printing has always and forever removed the shopping cart icon from the gallery.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Gary Glass wrote:

1. I don't remember that I ever turned off printing on any gallery. Is this a default that was changed at some point? Did it used to be on by default?

2. I don't understand the connection between the two things. Buying is buying and printing is printing. Can you explain?

Thanks.

Buying is "buying prints". If printing is not enabled, what could someone buy?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    edited January 14, 2008
    I thought that option meant that printing the pictures in the gallery from the user's PC would be allowed/disabled.

(Still I never disabled it. I don't think.)
    jfriend wrote:
    Buying is "buying prints". If printing is not enabled, what could someone buy?
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Gary Glass wrote:

Thanks.
    There haven't been any changes on our end that would affect that gallery setting on your page. We certainly wouldn't want to make everyone's pages all the sudden have nothing to buy. That would make people kinda mad for one and, well, besides that we're a business and we like people to buy things so it wouldn't make much sense to make it hard to impossible for people to make purchases.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Gary Glass wrote:
    I thought that option meant that printing the pictures in the gallery from the user's PC would be allowed/disabled.

(Still I never disabled it. I don't think.)
    Have a gander at our help pages. http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage

You may want to check out this one too: http://www.smugmug.com/help/image-protection

Hope that helps.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
    edited January 14, 2008
    Thanks, Mike. I didn't think you had changed the setting on existing galleries (yeah, that would tick people off!), but that maybe the default value for new galleries had changed from "on" to "off".

I see now that the gallery settings clearly explain what the thing does, but, like I said, since I've never changed the setting, I never looked at it before.

Thanks for the info.