Impromptu fill flash session

TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
edited January 14, 2008 in People
Hey y'all, yesterday was absolutely miserable here - cold, rainy, and windy. I had been out scouting for a LPS entry before meeting a date for lunch. I ended up shooting a few frames of her after we ate (okay, kind of scary when you go on a date and the first thing you think of is "f4.5 with some fill" - no wonder I'm still single). The whole session lasted 5-minutes. Since I didn't have a bracket or a lightstand, I shot all of them in landscape to keep the on-camera flash fill straight on. CC welcomed as always.

243050824-M.jpg

243051140-M.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    those dont look bad for on camera, i like the first one best. she has pretty color eyes.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 14, 2008
    I dunno-

shots look pretty good to me-

I really like the first one with her smile-

re first date:

she must've been ok with the camera for her to pose for you-
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    I like the first one best of the two - more of personality is evident there. Nice shot!

Was this, indeed, a first date. I didn't see that in your post. If so, did you scare her off? Either way, she sure knows where your head is at! I have the same issue with my DW - I seem to have this problem in that I'm always thinking about what the exposure settings might be for a particular scenario.
  • jdfaithjdfaith Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    I hope she's not scared off by the vignetting! ;-)

Nice use of the fill. I usually have trouble getting the nice balance between ambient and fill that you've achieved.

John
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Thanks for the input y'all. I haven't had many opportunities to practice balancing fill flash with ambient lately so when the opportunity arose...:D. And yes it was a first date and I don't think I scared her off. rolleyes1.gifMaybe I'll bring a camera on all of my future dates. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif