Uploader for Linux/AMD64

firecat53firecat53 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited January 14, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi :) I'm using Ubuntu 7.10/AMD64 bit version. The only Java available for 64-bit Firefox (without having to run a 32 bit browser) is the 'Iced Tea' version, which doesn't seem to support any of the built-in java-based uploaders. It says 'applet started' and then 'applet failed to initialize' for both java uploaders. I am able to use the KomodoDrop uploader successfully, but sometimes the built-in uploaders are a little more convenient. It'd be nice if Sun just decided to support 64 bit natively, but until then ..... :)

FYI, when I go to javatester.org, the little pink box appears and says 'Java Version: 1.7.0 from Sun Microsystems Inc.'. I am able to run several test applets from some other sites. For example, from http://www.w3.org/People/mimasa/test/object/java/clock, I can see all the clocks on the first line (Java applets with applet) but nothing on the second line (Java applets with object).

Let me know if I can provide any further testing info, or if this is not an easy fix, and so I'll just need to be patient for future 64-bit java support :)

Thanks!
Scott