2 random shots

ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited January 14, 2008 in Landscapes
Was sorting a ton of photos from a car meet shoot I did the other week and found these on the memory card of my D50 which hasn't gotten much use since I got the D300.

This tree is near a lake behind my mom's house. For some reason it just really stood out to me.

tree.jpg

I took this one while at the car meet trying to figure out where to line all the cars up and snapped this because the sky was so amazing. Sadly by the time everyone got lined up the clouds had changed :(

sky.jpg

Both with my D50 + 18-200mm VR.

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Dust bunny alert in #1! lol3.gif

Lovely color in the sky with the tree, though. Sometimes the clear blue is all you need. :D
  • ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Dust bunny alert in #1! lol3.gif

Ha I JUST noticed that. Guess I shouldn't try to process photos on a dusty LCD screen when the sun is coming in from the window behind the screen making it tough to see. ;)

Fixed:

tree2.jpg
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    I think #1 would be cool as part of a series taken at each of the four seasons...would be cool to see it with green leaves, falling leaves etc
  • zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    #2 is awesome, just need to level it and crop out that lightpole on the right.

Nice shooting!
    Travis
    edited January 14, 2008
    I wish I had taken #2 with my D300, crops of small sections of the image look so much better with it then with the D50.

I'll see what I can do about leveling it, this was taken in Lot A @ FedEx field which is on series of rolling hills so trying to find "level" there is kind of hard. ;)
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    I'm a sucker for cloud pictures. Sunlit cloud formation is so dynamic that you don't have much time to react. I'd suggest shoot the clouds first, do another one for the cars, then use digital magic to put them together. BTW, nice capture.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    kts wrote:
    I wish I had taken #2 with my D300, crops of small sections of the image look so much better with it then with the D50.

I'll see what I can do about leveling it, this was taken in Lot A @ FedEx field which is on series of rolling hills so trying to find "level" there is kind of hard. ;)

I wouldn't crop much, just that one pole on the right. As for straightening I may have jumped the gun on this one. Looking closely at the Light Poles all but the one in the foreground (the one I say crop :D) look pretty vertical to me. I sit corrected!

I still say great shots!
    Travis
    edited January 14, 2008
    yukio wrote:
    I'm a sucker for cloud pictures. Sunlit cloud formation is so dynamic that you don't have much time to react. I'd suggest shoot the clouds first, do another one for the cars, then use digital magic to put them together. BTW, nice capture.

I'm still a total n00b when it comes to post processing but I am saving up for a new system (probably a Mac) and CS3/Lightroom so I can start to try more hardcore photo editing. I'm currently using The Gimp which can probably do a nice car + cloud merge but I have no idea how to do that yet.

Still an awesome idea that I'll have to try the next time these guys have a meet. Thanks for the suggestion!