Options

I just want an order form, not fulfillment

ajsphotoajsphoto Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
Is it possible to just create an order form using the shopping cart that will generate an order that will be emailed to me?

Any other suggestions that will help me arrive at a simple, convenient solution to allow people to order from a nondownloadable proofing gallery would be appreciated.
Thanks so much in advance

Comments

• Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    I would LOOOOOOVE this feature, too!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2008
    Guys, it's surely possible. Go search out on Google, forms creation software for web pages. I've seen in the past people who've done this.

Example: http://wufoo.com/gallery/

And the generated HTML just goes into the album description of a new gallery, surrounded by html tags. Post in the customizing forum when you are ready :)
  • Options
    DaphotosDaphotos Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    Thanks Andy! This is an awesome website for ideas and scripts!
  • Options
    stephenbrunostephenbruno Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    I tried to follow what you said and ended up with this:

http://stephenbrunophotography.smugmug.com/gallery/4623734_vYYnZ#272832917

which does not seem effective. I sure would appreciate some help to have this form appear rather than so much clicking and not in the gallery it is in but listed as a subcategory along with animals, birds, etc.

thank you!
    Andy wrote:
    Guys, it's surely possible. Go search out on Google, forms creation software for web pages. I've seen in the past people who've done this.

Example: http://wufoo.com/gallery/

And the generated HTML just goes into the album description of a new gallery, surrounded by html tags. Post in the customizing forum when you are ready :)
  • Options
    belinebeline Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Is there a reason SmugMug is avoiding this?
    Hey Andy!

That's a pretty cool website there. Took a good look around, it's a neat idea that has it's place. But Andy. That's not here, in a SmugMug PRO gallery, especially at $1XX dollars a year...

Andy. I met some friends of friends of yours here in Maine a few weeks ago, while shooting at a Red Cross Charity. They spotted my SmugMug neck strap, and the conversation started. It basically turned into three perfect strangers, 'come best friends, touting the SmugMug brand to anyone who cared to listen. It was pretty cool, and reminded me why I love this company so much, because it isn't run by a bunch of stereotypical Silicon Valley CEO types, it's run by Super Hero's, down to earth people who are down to earth with their customers.

That said, level with me [US] Andy, why does SmugMug refuse to address one of the [two] biggest gripes I [and a sure un-sung many] have with the SmugMug feature list? The two biggest reasons I keep casting a sullen glance in the direction of Zenfolio. Coupons, and Self-Fulfillment.

Don't tell us it's being "worked on." There are plug-ins I can get for Gallery2 that offer me both, for free. Just level with us.

I'm not attacking. I'll never switch out of SmugMug. Love the service, the people, the community, etc. All I want is a straight answer.

? ? ?
    Covering It at D:D
    coverthis.smugmug.com

SmugWP -
    now 30% more smug!

No Steam Shovel

Feature Requests:
    External Slide Show Support
    Black/White and Sepia Color Options
    Photo/Discount Packages/Coupons
    Electronic Payout for Pro accounts via PayPal
    Self-Fulfilment (Custom "Items")