What about one of these for LPS #20????

Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited January 14, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
What do you think of one of these? Color or B&W? Thanks =)

243455399-L-1.jpg

243454534-L.jpg
Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
BLOG

Comments

• cbsnetcbsnet Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Cuties02q wrote:
    What do you think of one of these? Color or B&W? Thanks =)

Took a look at your site, and saw a lot of good stuff. While good, this photo just doesn't jump out and grab me.

-carl
  • kwalshkwalsh Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    I think I like the B&W better, the hand comes out better. If possible I might reshoot with a slightly different composition, have her hold her hand more to the left (her right) to separate it a little more from her face and not block the word "peace" on her shirt. I think if you can get the hand flashing "peace", the word "peace" and the smile on her face all together and not overlapping on top of each other you'll have a stronger composition than the current one and connect the concept with the viewer better. I think the depth of field with the shirt and face slightly out of focus and the hand sharp is good as is.

Good luck!

Ken
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    I think if you can get the hand flashing "peace", the word "peace" and the smile on her face all together and not overlapping on top of each other you'll have a stronger composition than the current one and connect the concept with the viewer better.

Yes I agree that was my goal...maybe she will let me try again headscratch.gif Thanks!!!
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    kwalsh wrote:
    I think I like the B&W better, the hand comes out better. If possible I might reshoot with a slightly different composition, have her hold her hand more to the left (her right) to separate it a little more from her face and not block the word "peace" on her shirt. I think if you can get the hand flashing "peace", the word "peace" and the smile on her face all together and not overlapping on top of each other you'll have a stronger composition than the current one and connect the concept with the viewer better. I think the depth of field with the shirt and face slightly out of focus and the hand sharp is good as is.

Good luck!

Ken

15524779-Ti.gif Cute concept and great model.