A Second Shot

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited January 19, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is my little princess. She was wearing a boyish flannel shirt and her hair hasn't come completely in yet (18 months) but perfect in my eyes. Comments Welcome. Any suggestions on captions welcome.
lps2.jpg

Reversed
lps2reverse.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    Precious! Love the shot and composition. One thought on selective coloring...my attention tends to go to the color. What would it look like if it were reversed with the flowers being desaturated and your daughter in color? I think I exceeded my .02 already. Good luck!
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Precious! Love the shot and composition. One thought on selective coloring...my attention tends to go to the color. What would it look like if it were reversed with the flowers being desaturated and your daughter in color? I think I exceeded my .02 already. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback...lol I'm actually working on the reverse one now to see!
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Izzy GaravitoIzzy Garavito Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    let's see the reverse clap.gif. or try this one with the eyes colored. having him as the only BW in the whole image also catches attention
    edited January 14, 2008
    let's see the reverse clap.gif. or try this one with the eyes colored. having him as the only BW in the whole image also catches attention

Laughing.gif Izzy....it's a girl lol hard to tell especially with the outfit she had on but that's my lil princess. Reversed one is on the way.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    I really like the second one with her face in color and the flowers monochrome. A nit pick is that is that her left ear and cheek seems a little transparent - I've never attempted the selective coloring thing so I can't say how to fix it.

Beautiful daughter...gorgeous eyes!
    edited January 14, 2008
    I really like the second one with her face in color and the flowers monochrome. A nit pick is that is that her left ear and cheek seems a little transparent - I've never attempted the selective coloring thing so I can't say how to fix it.

Beautiful daughter...gorgeous eyes!

Thanks for the kind words Paul. I did the pick real quick but will fix it. It's not that difficult to achieve in PS if you are interested I'd be happy to post it.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    I like the second one also. did you process this in layers before doing the desaturation, I am in agreement about the "transparency"...easily corrected if done in layers...

Very nice composition!

Good luck!!
    and WHAHOOOOOO for BOSTON!!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited January 14, 2008
    Tentacion wrote:
    I like the second one also. did you process this in layers before doing the desaturation, I am in agreement about the "transparency"...easily corrected if done in layers...

Very nice composition!

Good luck!!
    and WHAHOOOOOO for BOSTON!!!

Thanks a bunch. I fixed the transparency. Yes I did it using 2 adjustment layers. I am a new comer to using PS but have used a wide variety of other applications and I am absolutely blown away with the power of this app.

Go PATRIOTS!!!!
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Izzy GaravitoIzzy Garavito Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    Laughing.gif Izzy....it's a girl lol hard to tell especially with the outfit she had on but that's my lil princess. Reversed one is on the way.

Oh no Randy, my mistake :hang She's lovely :)
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2008
    I like the second one.

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2008
    Randy,

I love the second shot of your daughter in color. She is so precious and I'm amazed she held still well enough for you to get the sharp focus and cute pose that you have. My boys never cooperate that well.

My only suggestion would be to work on her eyes a little to add some sparkle and make them pop. Use a little dodging and burning along with some sharpening and it really makes her face come alive in the photo.
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
    edited January 19, 2008
    Debboggy wrote:
    Randy,

I love the second shot of your daughter in color. She is so precious and I'm amazed she held still well enough for you to get the sharp focus and cute pose that you have. My boys never cooperate that well.

My only suggestion would be to work on her eyes a little to add some sparkle and make them pop. Use a little dodging and burning along with some sharpening and it really makes her face come alive in the photo.

Awesome tips Deb....thank you...I tried a little last night and am amazed at the affect.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com