The nephews....

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited January 27, 2008 in People
We had company for a couple weeks around Christmas and New Year.

I had tried to meet my sis-in-law to get some photos for her of her boys. In the end, we had to do them in my Father-in law's backyard.

They are a handful, but very handsome.

C&C is always appreciated.....

243541107-L.jpg

243545563-L.jpg

243547486-L.jpg

243548420-L.jpg

243548887-L.jpg

6243548831-M.jpg

243547827-L.jpg

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2008
    I really like these Jeff, it has this warm fuzzy feeling about them. Nice work! clap.gifclapclap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2008
    As usual, Jeff, these are some very nice shots. I'm especially drawn to # and #6 - way cool.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2008
    ShepsMom wrote:
    I really like these Jeff, it has this warm fuzzy feeling about them. Nice work! clap.gifclapclap.gif

Thanks Marina!!
    edited January 15, 2008
    As usual, Jeff, these are some very nice shots. I'm especially drawn to # and #6 - way cool.

I am going to guess that you meant #4 and #6?mwink.gif

Thanks for the comment.
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2008
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2008
    Very nice...thumb.gif
  • LCDLCD Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2008
    Nice shots!

I'll just mention the things I noticed to nit pik about - things that I would wish I had looked for (and sometimes forget) if I were shooting.

The bg is a bit distracting in #1 and much better in #2
    3&4 are very cute
    I think 6 is wonderful, but the bg is a bit busy
    7 is great too, just needs a slight crop to elliminate the portion of bird house or whatever it is in the top right corner. i would experiment with how much crop to use, I think the bg here is very nice.

A very nice series - again I was being picky because you asked for c&c. I bet they were very pleased with the shots!

Lisa
    edited January 27, 2008
    LCD wrote:
    Nice shots!

I'll just mention the things I noticed to nit pik about - things that I would wish I had looked for (and sometimes forget) if I were shooting.

The bg is a bit distracting in #1 and much better in #2
    3&4 are very cute
    I think 6 is wonderful, but the bg is a bit busy
    7 is great too, just needs a slight crop to elliminate the portion of bird house or whatever it is in the top right corner. i would experiment with how much crop to use, I think the bg here is very nice.

A very nice series - again I was being picky because you asked for c&c. I bet they were very pleased with the shots!

Lisa

I can do picky!!!rolleyes1.gif

I agree withh all your comments...which really were all about background distraction. Normally my rules are either 1.nothing man made in the background,2. Fill the background with interesting archecture, or 3. use a shallow depth of field to obliterate the background.

These were however taken at the boy's grandfather's house. Distracting....yes...but those things in the background also define where the photos were taken. My decision not to clone things out, or crop them out was based on the fact that a sense of place will be important to them....and my sister-in -law in the years to come.....especially since they live so far away and don't get to visit often.

I appreciate the detailed critiquemwink.gif
  • LCDLCD Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I can do picky!!!rolleyes1.gif

I agree withh all your comments...which really were all about background distraction. Normally my rules are either 1.nothing man made in the background,2. Fill the background with interesting archecture, or 3. use a shallow depth of field to obliterate the background.

These were however taken at the boy's grandfather's house. Distracting....yes...but those things in the background also define where the photos were taken. My decision not to clone things out, or crop them out was based on the fact that a sense of place will be important to them....and my sister-in -law in the years to come.....especially since they live so far away and don't get to visit often.

I appreciate the detailed critiquemwink.gif

Well then, ah...nevermind :curtsey
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    Very nice photos Jeff! clap.gif I think my fav is #2 .. just the way he looks into the camera, almost like a model ... haha ...

Love your sepia settings btw!
    edited January 27, 2008
    DavidS wrote:
    Very nice! I love #7.

I can't believe you dragged this post back to the top.....

Thanks for commenting David.
    edited January 27, 2008
    Seneca wrote:
    Very nice...thumb.gif

Why Thank You Jenny!!
    edited January 27, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Very nice photos Jeff! clap.gif I think my fav is #2 .. just the way he looks into the camera, almost like a model ... haha ...

Love your sepia settings btw!

Thanks for commenting. They are handsome boys. He will grow into those teeth someday!!!

The sepia settings are a preset I downloaded for Lightroom. Try a search for "Matt's Lightroom Presets". If you can't find it let me know.