edited January 16, 2008 in Landscapes
I took the new camera and lens for a walk around the farm today and shot this:

243837518-M-1.jpg

I am undecided about how I feel regarding this picture and would love input/C&C

Thanks!

Comments

• philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2008
    I took the new camera and lens for a walk around the farm today and shot this:

I am undecided about how I feel regarding this picture and would love input/C&C

Thanks!

To my eye there is no definite subject. The barn is to small and two dark only the roof is standing out. The clouds don't seem to have anything specific that realy draws me in. It looks like there might be a bit of a god-ray at the top but there isn't quite enough. One thing you could try is an hdr processing using the single image to bring up the barn. It looks like you did the same thing I do way to often which is try to include to much.

-Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • firststring74firststring74 Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2008
    thanks, I think I feel the same. This was a fleeting moment of time when the cloud was across the sun, but the light was very flat yesterday anyway. The barn is actually very cool, it has every plank a different color that has been weathered by time. I'll try some color editing and see what I get.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2008
    It is pretty hard to get the range needed via camera to view the scene with shadow and bright sun as your eyes would see it. I definitely think bracketing and merging would help, even though it's a lot more work.

Lovely strong light coming from the clouds! Sometimes the plain black silhouettes work just fine in an image like this. Sometimes it doesn't. But that's the artist's call. :D
  • philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2008
    thanks, I think I feel the same. This was a fleeting moment of time when the cloud was across the sun, but the light was very flat yesterday anyway. The barn is actually very cool, it has every plank a different color that has been weathered by time. I'll try some color editing and see what I get.

I was just scrolling up through the messages and got to your original shot. I think if you do the hdr for the barn and crop it square cropping off the top of the tree I think it might work but it would definetly need the barn side brought out.
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka