Options

back focus

RandallRandall Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited January 16, 2008 in Technique
Anyone know how and why to use a back focus button vs shutter release for wildlife and bird photography. I'm a little confused as to why one would attempt to use two buttons vs one , or is there something i'm missing .
thanks
randall

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,911 moderator
    edited January 16, 2008
    Randall wrote:
    Anyone know how and why to use a back focus button vs shutter release for wildlife and bird photography. I'm a little confused as to why one would attempt to use two buttons vs one , or is there something i'm missing .
    thanks
    randall

I see from your profile that you use a Nikon D2X. Is your question primarily about the use of that camera?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2008
    Randall wrote:
    thanks
    randall

Since there is no button I know of called a "back focus" button on Nikon cameras, I'm wondering if you mean either the "depth of field preview" button or the AF-ON button? Can you clarify your question?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question