My Other Hobby

garytgaryt Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
edited January 22, 2008 in Holy Macro
In my spare time, and as another hobby, I shoot skeet on the weekends in a league, so consequently I do some serious reloading of shotgun shells. These components are what make up the shell during the reloading process. This is a 3 shot stack of the ingredients.

P.S. I even cleaned the sensor before taking them (which seems to be a never ending job in macro).

Click for larger images.

2197558353_23e8e2d40a.jpg
Gary
Canon 30D, 28-80mm kit, 100mm Macro, 80-200mm, Kenko Tubes (68mm), 380EX Flash, and a wish list.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/garythompson/

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2008
    garyt wrote:
    In my spare time, and as another hobby, I shoot skeet on the weekends in a league, so consequently I do some serious reloading of shotgun shells. These components are what make up the shell during the reloading process. This is a 3 shot stack of the ingredients.

P.S. I even cleaned the sensor before taking them (which seems to be a never ending job in macro).

Click for larger images.

Ummmmmmm your not an Ex Postal worker by any chance are you :oogle :D

I always wanted to learn to shoot a pistol, and got the opportunity in Ohio a few years ago.

Man I couldn't shoot the side of a barn at 10 paces if I tried rolleyes1.gif
    and believe me I tried I think I hit the bucket just once out of all the shots I fired off.

Your image is sharp, but the lighting is uneven, with heavy shadowing at the top and a much brighter image at the bottom.

Thanks for sharing Gary and nice work on keeping your sensor clean thumb.gif
    ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Where's the powder?

I know it would be a bit awkward to include, but it would be nice to add it for completeness. And I also agree that the lighting needs improving. Here's a thought: set it up in a dark room, open your shutter (tripod required) and paint it with a flashlight.

Quite a few years ago I was heavily into trap and skeet shooting - trap more than skeet. My only claim to fame in skeet was running 50 with a 12-guage side-by-side once.

Yeah, I know - a 12-guage is cheating.
  • BikePilotBikePilot Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    Cool stuff! I used to shoot skeet a lot, but haven't been in years.
    Josh

Sony DSC-S85 (point and shoot)
    Panasonic LX1
    Olympus 770SW

In the market for a dslr