Options

It can be done!!!!

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited March 17, 2005 in Cameras
I've been bumming a bit over a flash for my 20D. I did order the Sigma EF 500 DG which is dedicated and I'm sure will be a wonderful fit for the old 20D.

I was bumming because I own a very nice Sunpak 544 side-mount flash that I've had for years and it's kicked out some very nice lighting for my old AE-1. The camera store (local) and others have told me that it simply will not work on the 20D. The flash requires a PC cable and the 20D has a PC port so I had to try it. I must say that it DOES work very well. I've played around with it tonight and shot some silly photos around the house just to see how good/bad it was going to be. I have to keep in mind that it's completly manual and the shutterspeed is set to 125 so I have to play with the F/Stop and the distance on both the camera and the flash but with all set correctly it does work.

I'll probably get more excited over the deicated flash but I thought this was worth a try and worth a tread.

These are silly photos but here they are if you want to see silly stuff around my house.

http://kc7dji.smugmug.com/gallery/438984

kc7dji
:clap

Comments

• Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2005
    Keep going, you can sue these for insurance if needed!