Options

Just got a Mac, now I need PS CS3

dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
edited January 21, 2008 in Finishing School
What is the retailer of choice to purchase Photoshop CS3? $650 is a big pill to swallow after buying a Macbook Pro, so does anyone know of a place to get this software at a better price?

Thanks,

Doug

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2008
    dugmar wrote:
    What is the retailer of choice to purchase Photoshop CS3? $650 is a big pill to swallow after buying a Macbook Pro, so does anyone know of a place to get this software at a better price?

Thanks,

Doug

Congrats!

You don't already own PS? Just wondering if you can do an upgrade rather than buy a whole new one.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    Congrats!

You don't already own PS? Just wondering if you can do an upgrade rather than buy a whole new one.

No, well... not a "legit" copy at least.
  • Options
    ChrisKraftPhotoChrisKraftPhoto Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2008
    Congrats on going over to the "sweet side of life". :D

Are you a government or education employee/student?
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2008
    PSDude wrote:
    Congrats on going over to the "sweet side of life". :D

Are you a government or education employee/student?

Well, coming back to the sweet side. I started on Macs, fell in the lemming line and now I am back.

Nope, I am not in that field, I am a guy that sells BMW parts for a living.
  • Options
    ChrisKraftPhotoChrisKraftPhoto Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2008
    I think Amazon's the best price from a rep dealer unless you can find someone in either field or even a student that would purchase the program, for themselves of course mwink.gif

There are some lower prices but I don't know their reputations headscratch.gif

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Adobe%20Photoshop%20CS3%20Software:1994706110:page=compare;_ylt=AghShPHWNwSdVCN9oB0InxIbFt0A;_ylu=X3oDMTA2bTQ0OXZjBHNlYwNzcg--?clink=dmps/adobe_photoshop_cs3/ctx=mid:5,pid:1994706110,pdid:5,pos:1,spc:14489115,date:20080117,srch:kw,x:
  • Options
    Duffy PrattDuffy Pratt Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2008
    Did your 30D come with a copy of PS Elements? Most Canon packages do. If so, and if you still have the serial number from that disk, then you can upgrade to PS CS3 for $299. I have the link on another computer. Or you may be able to get the deal through customer support. It's how I got my PS, and it's legitimate -- but the customer support people I talked to didn't know about the offer until I pointed them to the link.

Let me know if you need me to post the link. AFAIK, this is the cheapest legitimate way for a non-student/teacher to get PS.

Duffy
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2008
    I will check it out. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2008
    Have you checked on E-bay? Or you can always get your current version upgraded :o)
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2008
    Just remembered my sister in law is a teacher. :)
  • Options
    CAFieldsCAFields Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2008
    Did your 30D come with a copy of PS Elements? Most Canon packages do. If so, and if you still have the serial number from that disk, then you can upgrade to PS CS3 for $299. I have the link on another computer. Or you may be able to get the deal through customer support. It's how I got my PS, and it's legitimate -- but the customer support people I talked to didn't know about the offer until I pointed them to the link.

Let me know if you need me to post the link. AFAIK, this is the cheapest legitimate way for a non-student/teacher to get PS.

Duffy
    In addition, if your link is through the Adobe Online Store, then an additional 10% off can be obtained. Here's a quote from an email I received from Adobe:
    "For a limited time, save 10% on all your favorite Adobe products, training, and support, as well as third-party plug-ins purchased at the Adobe Store. To take advantage of your 10% savings, visit the Adobe Store and enter promotion code DIQ108 at the Adobe Store checkout. Offer ends March 3, 2008."

"Orders placed via Adobe Customer Service are also eligible to receive this special limited time offer. Please call 1-800-585-0774 and provide the Adobe customer service agent with offer code DIQ108."
    Several months ago I upgraded my Elements 4 to CS3 for $299 under a promotion that is probably similar to the one that Duffy Pratt is describing. It was a good deal and it turned out to be the full version and not one marked "upgrade". I would have liked to have been in on the extra 10% off deal, but that's the breaks...
  • Options
    ChuckMChuckM Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2008

Duffy
    Wow. Thanks for the tip.