Snow day!

ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited January 19, 2008 in Landscapes
Started snowing pretty heavily on my way to work this morning so what did I do on my lunch break? Take photos! My D300 and 18-200 got pretty wet from the snow at times but looks like they handled it without a problem. :)

This is the campus of The University of Maryland, College Park

McKeldin Library and the Journalism Building
mckeldin2.jpg

Francis Scott Key Building hidden by trees and snow
fsk.jpg

FSK unmasked
fsk2.jpg

University Chapel
chapel2.jpg

Steeple
chapel1.jpg
(I used my hand to try and cover the lens to prevent snow from getting on the lens and seems that gave it the vignetting. I think it kind of helps give it an "old" look it it)

McKeldin, head on
mckeldin3.jpg

I only wanted to post one of these but I couldn't decide which one I liked best so you get them both:
path2.jpg

path.jpg

My coworker who was good enough to make this trip with me (along with his *ugh* Canon ;))
zach.jpg

Feedback always appreciated, I'm still getting used to shooting things other than abandoned buildings. Tips for shooting in fast falling snow that likes to melt the second it hits your camera are all appreciated, whew it was messy out there!

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2008
    Wonderful Photography. Loved everything of these photos.
    in 5th tower seems to be little tilting headscratch.gif but nothing critical :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2008
    Mate, at least you got go take photos in it! I was thinking that of all the folks I know locally no one was able to catch what it really looked like today. But then there you are! Since it snows so rarely I'm super glad you did. I love the shot of the tower, emphasizing the big fat flakes.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2008
    Nice beautiful snowfall shots.

I've been trying to do this all winter, but just haven't been able to figure out the settings. You'd think I'd have alot of practice where I live :D

Would you be so nice to give me a starting point?
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2008
    wow ! How could you stay out of that !
  • GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2008
    Nice! Those tree shots toward the end are great thumb.gif