Options

Head Shots Post Production Question

swcolleenswcolleen Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited January 17, 2008 in Finishing School
Hi! I am not sure if this is the right section to post so if not, please direct me to the correct location.

I am trying to find out if there is any post-production templates or resources for creating a headshot for someone. Basically, I am taking head shots for my husbands cousin b/c he has caught the acting bug in a class so he wants to be an extra:) I am not much for portrait taking anyway so that alone will be an adventure (still working out what I need for lights etc but since he isn't paying me, I figure I have plenty of room for trial and error!)

But, after we take the photos and I get them organized, I am going to upload them to smugmug for him to order but I would like to try and find a template or design to use in photoshop to border the photo and put his name under the photo but I have no idea where to look for something like this or if its just as simple as creating a border and adding text.

So I thought, who else to ask but my fellow photographers on dgrin:) Ultimately I would like to upload a final image that will have his name and contact info with a border under his photo to smugmug so he can order the prints here.

Did that make sense?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Colleen