Options

I just lost Adobe Bridge CS3 - What happened?

rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
edited January 18, 2008 in Finishing School
I have been working with CS3 and using Adobe Bridge CS3 all morning. I stopped for breakfast. When I got back to my computer I had a message from Adobe that there were some updates ready for my programs. I clicked on the little balloon and then found for some reason that the updates could not be installed.

Not only cannot the updates be installed; now I cannot open Adobe Bridge CS3 at all.

I first tried clicking on the BR shortcut on my desktop. I received the announcement:

Bridge.exe – Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point ?atExit@InitTerm@ScCore@@SAXP6AXXZ@Z Could not be located in the dynamic link library ScCore.dll

I then tried opening Bridge from Photoshop CS3 which I can open and I get the same signal.

Finally I tried the START>RUN>ABOBE BRIDGE and I get the same results.

What happened? I guess that I will have to deactivate Photoshop CS3 and then uninstall it and finally reinstall it.

Any one have other ideas. I hate to go through all that trouble if it will not help.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited January 18, 2008
    rpcrowe wrote:
    I have been working with CS3 and using Adobe Bridge CS3 all morning. I stopped for breakfast. When I got back to my computer I had a message from Adobe that there were some updates ready for my programs. I clicked on the little balloon and then found for some reason that the updates could not be installed.

Not only cannot the updates be installed; now I cannot open Adobe Bridge CS3 at all.

I first tried clicking on the BR shortcut on my desktop. I received the announcement:

The procedure entry point ?atExit@InitTerm@ScCore@@SAXP6AXXZ@Z Could not be located in the dynamic link library ScCore.dll

I then tried opening Bridge from Photoshop CS3 which I can open and I get the same signal.

What happened? I guess that I will have to deactivate Photoshop CS3 and then uninstall it and finally reinstall it.

Any one have other ideas. I hate to go through all that trouble if it will not help.

Wow...I sure am glad I ignored the little balloon this morning.

Sorry to hear you got bit. Be sure to let us know what the solution is.

Regards,
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 18, 2008
    Wow, that's bad form on Adobe's part. A failed update should never have the ability to trash the entire installation.

The only thing I would recommend is try rebooting your PC first before you go ahead and reinstall CS3. You may find that fixes the problem and saves you a bunch of work.

Good luck!
    -joel
    rpcrowe wrote:

• Options
    ChrisKraftPhotoChrisKraftPhoto Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2008
    That sucks dood. I lost my DNG converter last week and freaked out my PS CS3 by trying to connect my plug ins from CS2. What gives ne_nau.gif

Let us know what happens, good luck!
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2008
    rpcrowe wrote:

That kind of error means that you ended up with a partial install and you have some mismatched executable files. The best solution is probably a reboot and then a re-install. You could try running the Adobe updater again after the reboot before re-installing to see if it could fix itself, but the cleanest path is to deinstall, reinstall, then update. If you do all of this with no other programs running, you should have a pretty good chance of success.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question