Couple of articles for Olympus and Sony Enthusiasts

InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
edited January 18, 2008 in Cameras
I noticed a couple of articles on Luminous Landscape that should be of interest to our resident Olympus and Sony enthuseasts:

1. Three way test with the A700, Canon 40D and E-510:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/Sony%20-A700.shtml

2. A review of the E-3:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/Olympus-E3.shtml

Comments

• swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2008
    Thanks for the links! They were good reads. I was particularly happy to read this in the E-3 review:

"For this category of camera (E3, A700, D300 and 40D) the days of pixel-peeping ourselves into distraction are just about drawing to a close. Although it will linger on in the professional community for some time still, and tech heads will delight in debating it down to the last nano-pixel, for all intents and purposes these cameras all have equal image quality in broad terms. They may have subtly different tone curves applied and default colour balances that are tweaked in different ways, but they are all very capable machines that can produce top-notch results. We’re fortunate really to be presented with so many terrific options at this time."

I am really glad there are so many great options out there. Technology has progressed at an amazing rate, bringing photography to new heights. It's exciting!
  • SavedByZeroSavedByZero Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2008
    Well having never touched a Minolta/Konica/Sony digital camera before the other day this statement I read in the articale is so true.

" The A700 at first seems confusing, there are so many buttons, but actually it's the easiest and most intuitive of the three. Sony has done a good job here, recessing the top deck buttons so you can easily find them by feel."

With out any help I was navigating my way thru changing the AF area, flash mode, metering mode and menu settings on the A100 and A700 like I had read the manuals or had one for a while. That alone makes me want to get a Sony even more so now. clap.gif