Portrait

W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
edited January 20, 2008 in People
Playing around tonight with a couple of SB800's... (read, annoying my wife Sarah until she said enough :dunno )

What do you think?

p992066566.jpg

W00DY

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 19, 2008
    i like what you've done, but I'm wondering if you need a little more balance with the backlight and whatever you're using for the front-

I hope that makes some sense-
  • W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    gefillmore wrote:
    i like what you've done, but I'm wondering if you need a little more balance with the backlight and whatever you're using for the front-

I hope that makes some sense-

Thanks George,

Whilst I really like this shot, I think I like it more because it is my wife than on it;s technical value. I was trying something new (try to get a good result out of a bad lighting setup), which I may have half achieved.

Thanks for the comments though.
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Woody, your wife is a pretty lady.

I dont find light coming from below very flattering to people. Its a bit like those old movie where you hold a flashlight below your chin and scare people.

I'm like you though, when I need a model and then take different shots - until the model gets fed up. I have dozens of my wife with an expression that says "enough!" or of the back of her hand as she waves me away!

THis to me is the best thing about digital over film. It gives us unlimited experimentation.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.