Occasionally unable to shoot with Bigma

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited January 19, 2008 in Cameras
I use a Canon 40D and 400D. On occasions when I use the 50 - 500mm lens I find it will not fire. I notice a green spot light on the right side of my view finder. I know it was not the best of visibility but I find this a damned nuisance when you miss a shot. Am I doing something wrong or is it just the Bigma likes good light. If the latter is the case I will not be using it a lot here in Scotland until the sun shines and this is sometimes a rarity. Your comments would be mostly appreciated.
Regards
Bob

Comments

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2008
    The green dot in the viewfinder confirms focus on One Shot mode and shows lacks of focus in AI Servo, so if you are shooting in AI servo, it won't fire b/c it's got no focus IIRC.

If you aren't already, use the center AF point only and focus and then recompose to make it easier to focus.
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    The green dot in the viewfinder confirms focus on One Shot mode and shows lacks of focus in AI Servo, so if you are shooting in AI servo, it won't fire b/c it's got no focus IIRC.

If you aren't already, use the center AF point only and focus and then recompose to make it easier to focus.

Thanks for that I really appreciate it. I should have known better. It was working perfectly before but I haven't used the big lens for a few weeks now and I have obviously changed the settings. Gee thanks I will remember that.
    Cheers
    Bob