Day 2

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited January 20, 2008 in Holy Macro
I went to my local nursery to do some macro shots..since this is my first chance to get outside with the new Kenko tube set :). A couple of interesting shots. Comments defintely welcome....I'm loving this macro..

These were shot with Canon Rebel XTi, Kenko Extension Tubes, Canon IS USM 28-135mm all on a tripod of course.

I love the color in this one
img_5897.jpg

This one was probably under 1/2" long
img_5993.jpg

Something slightly erotic about this one
img_5915.jpg

This little guy was hiding in a bramilliad and scared the crap outta me!
img_5948.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• garytgaryt Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2008
    Nice job Randy. The narrow depth of field the tubes gives you takes some getting used to. I've had my tubes on since I got them, and finally took them off this week when I cleaned my sensor. Going to shoot without them for a bit.
    Gary
    Canon 30D, 28-80mm kit, 100mm Macro, 80-200mm, Kenko Tubes (68mm), 380EX Flash, and a wish list.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/garythompson/
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2008
    garyt wrote:
    Nice job Randy. The narrow depth of field the tubes gives you takes some getting used to. I've had my tubes on since I got them, and finally took them off this week when I cleaned my sensor. Going to shoot without them for a bit.

Thanks Gary,

I don't have a true macro lens yet so this is my only option but I'm very excited about the initial results.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    I went to my local nursery to do some macro shots..since this is my first chance to get outside with the new Kenko tube set :). A couple of interesting shots. Comments defintely welcome....I'm loving this macro..

These were shot with Canon Rebel XTi, Kenko Extension Tubes, Canon IS USM 28-135mm all on a tripod of course.

I love the color in this one
    This one was probably under 1/2" long
    Something slightly erotic about this one
    This little guy was hiding in a bramilliad and scared the crap outta me!

Hi Randy, learning to use the DOF is not easy.
    Sometimes getting too close can be a bit of a trap too.
    Backing off a bit and in post processing cropping a bit will often yield more detail.

You doing very well, slightly missed with the focus on the first shot.
    Takes time to learn keep it up Randy, your doing good thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Good series- looks like you were enjoying yourself :) = like the cyclamen bud best- even got some refractions :)
    Brian V.
  • MaineMomMaineMom Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    I love color in the first one too!
    I think the focus in #1 is wonderful, maybe not sharp as a tack but I think that the "unfocus" lends to the shot, doesn't detract from it.
    Very beautiful!

~Jayne