243922933-L-2.jpg

and after the sun sets:
Viera Wetlands
242100844-L-2.jpg

Nikon D300, Nikon 18-200VR

Comments

• swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2008
    Wow. Really lovely. The boat and the division of the color of light together really make the first image spectacular.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2008
    So many wings in the third shot is magical.
    Growing with Dgrin

• JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    The first show is "wow". :D Actually, they all are, but especially the first. thumb.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Wow. Really lovely. The boat and the division of the color of light together really make the first image spectacular.

This scene was for sure a wonderful surprise. Thanks.
    edited January 20, 2008
    JenW wrote:
    The first show is "wow". :D Actually, they all are, but especially the first. thumb.gif

Hi Jen,

Yeah it was a Wow moment! Thanks15524779-Ti.gif
    edited January 20, 2008

Many times when I am shooting til sunset I anticipate that my shooting day is ended. Typically this proves to be a big mistake because the light that follows the sunset can be outstanding. Such as this one. The tree swallows swarming was a bonus:D

Thanks!
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Beautiful !
    Loved the 1st one a lot
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited January 21, 2008
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Beautiful! clap.gif

Hi Ann, How are you? Thanks..Gotta love tropical color:D
    edited January 21, 2008
    Beautiful !
    Loved the 1st one a lot

Thanks Awais, it was pretty spectacular15524779-Ti.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2008
    A nice way to start and end a day of bird shooting IMO!!! Really nice set, but the first one really fascinates me. I'm wondering if your eyes noticed this division while shooting or if it was just a total surprise in post??? Super set. thumb.gif
    edited January 22, 2008
    saurora wrote:
    A nice way to start and end a day of bird shooting IMO!!! Really nice set, but the first one really fascinates me. I'm wondering if your eyes noticed this division while shooting or if it was just a total surprise in post??? Super set. thumb.gif

You are right about that.mwink.gif
    I was hoping for some good color that morning and boy I was surprised when the shadow appeared. The dividing line was at my feet (and I was not completely awake yet) I was having great difficulty composing the scene. The sky and shadow on the water was so much of what I saw and the boat played just a small part, so I just shot away making sure I left plenty of room for various crops. I have created many versions of this shot using different crops; posted this one as it is the original view.
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    That 1st one is quite a rare surprise. It looks like a picture of the same location at different times.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    yukio wrote:
    That 1st one is quite a rare surprise. It looks like a picture of the same location at different times.

15524779-Ti.gif That's exactly what I thought it was the first few times I looked at this image. Very cool! I wondered how you'd gotten the water ripples and the clouds lined up so perfectly. :D